• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

California Comic Convention (CalComicCon) 2015

75 posts in this topic

[font:Times New Roman]The ninth California Comic Convention ( CalComicCon ) will be held on Sunday, January 25th 2015.

The show will be held in Orange County in Yorba Linda, held just miles from Disneyland and other attractions.

We will continue to have a raffle that will have CGC graded comics, original artwork and sketches by guest artists.

All paid admissions will receive a raffle ticket, extra ticket can be purchased at the show.

Advance purchases will receive three tickets, with a chance at a special online ticket holder only raffle.

CGC will again be taking comic submissions and doing signature witnessing.

This year the California Comic Convention will continue to place emphasis on vintage comic books. see dealers list and pics from past shows.

Dealers from all over the country will be at the show.

The show will be held from 9:30 AM to 5:00 PM; tickets are only $10 and parking is free.

For more info goto: CalComicCon [/font]

CCC_2015_banner420_100_px3.jpg

We are pleased to have added Ken Kelly as a guest Artist to the 2015 CalComicCon One of the field’s foremost exponents is American artist, Ken Kelly. Beginning in the 70s (after a stint in the Marines) Ken’s art covers styles as divergent as rock legends, Kiss to Conan the Barbarian and Tarzan. Ken has created a legion of mythical characters drawn from the pages of the world’s finest fantasy writers, not to mention his own voracious imagination. You can also put Ken to the test by offering your own ideas and then watch Ken employ his imagination to create a one-of-kind work of art. A genuine workaholic, Ken often simultaneously labors over a half dozen different paintings, projects and ideas.

kelly_iceman2.jpgkk_vampi2.jpg

Congratulations on getting Ken Kelly for your con. Your post above is perfect, and placed in the correct thread.

Creating a new thread and just copying and pasting the same info is just spamming, and nobody likes that. I would consider deleting that thread before anyone posts in it. (thumbs u

Andy 2c

We are pleased to have added Thomas Yeates as a guest Artist to the 2015 CalComicCon an American comic book and comic strip artist best known for illustrating the comic strips Prince Valiant and Zorro, plus work on characters created by Edgar Rice Burroughs. In 1982, Yeates and writer Martin Pasko revived Swamp Thing, in a new series titled Saga of the Swamp Thing. On April 1, 2012, Yeates began drawing the Prince Valiant comic strip, replacing Gary Gianni.

ty_tarzan2.jpg

ty_prince.gif

For those who haven't attended this one-day show, it is *the* place for comic collectors to gather without a gazillion distractions. I've had great luck over the years purchasing Gold and Silver Age comics (from a variety of good dealers) for my collection.

It's a once-a-year event, so I heartily recommend attending if you can...

For those who haven't attended this one-day show, it is *the* place for comic collectors to gather without a gazillion distractions. I've had great luck over the years purchasing Gold and Silver Age comics (from a variety of good dealers) for my collection.

Can't wait as I missed last year due to the flu. Fingers crossed it all works out this year.

I gotta agree, if you are looking for Gold, Silver, or Bronze comics, the selection at this show is tremendous. I'm lucky enough to exhibit again and ill be bringing hundreds of trade paperbacks and hardcovers along with some Silver Age and Bronze Age books and CGC slabs.

This is best one-day comic show in this part of the world. Parking is still free and the show is dedicated to comics with very little if any of the pop culture world of the larger shows especially San Diego and Wonder-Con. And if you just want to hang with collectors and "talk comics" this is the show to attend. Hope to see you all there!

I'll be attending this event for the first time (and this so happens to be my first post on the forums, long time lurker).

Any tips for a first time attendee? How early do people show up before doors open? Is it a fairly relaxed atmosphere or is it chaotic? Just trying to set some expectations before arriving.

I'll be attending this event for the first time (and this so happens to be my first post on the forums, long time lurker).

Any tips for a first time attendee? How early do people show up before doors open? Is it a fairly relaxed atmosphere or is it chaotic? Just trying to set some expectations before arriving.

Long time lurker, first time poster.

Very relaxed. No big lines, NO COSPLAY, and nothing but comics for sale as far as the eye can see...well, until they hit a wall, I suppose...

;)

I have literally abandoned SDCC,for this show instead.It doesn't hurt that it's in my backyard either. :headbang:

It's more like SDCC has abandoned us!!

You got that one right! Am I going to see you there my friend?