• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

That's a frikkin expensive Ditko Marvel fanzine there!

10 posts in this topic

I was gonna bid $100 and thought "I must be crazy". Then I checked the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6501644233&ssPageName=ADME:B:WN:US:1

By the Mystic Moons of Moonipor!

893whatthe.gif

I was going to bid on this as well, but your bid would have beaten what I had originally planned. Jeez-Louise, it's not an early Alter Ego ! That's a high price IMHO.

I was gonna bid $100 and thought "I must be crazy". Then I checked the auction...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6501644233&ssPageName=ADME:B:WN:US:1

By the Mystic Moons of Moonipor!

893whatthe.gif

One of two things will happen - either you will regret not spending $200, and eventually have to put out a want ad offering considerably more, having otherwise completed your quest for Dr. Strange items, or you will stumble across a copy for $20 at a comic convention. Fanzines and the like can go for crazy money sometimes- I once had a copy of Ron Goulart's The Golden Age from the 1980s, an issue with a Batman cover, sell for over $50 on ebay.

One of two things will happen - either you will regret not spending $200, and eventually have to put out a want ad offering considerably more, having otherwise completed your quest for Dr. Strange items, or you will stumble across a copy for $20 at a comic convention. Fanzines and the like can go for crazy money sometimes- I once had a copy of Ron Goulart's The Golden Age from the 1980s, an issue with a Batman cover, sell for over $50 on ebay.

I believe you are correct. I had really expected this Yancy Street fanzine to go somewhere between $20.00 to $60.00 tops. I think we just witnessed a bidding war between two hard-core Ditko fans, but I could be wrong. One thing going for these fanzines is low print runs!

I already had a reproduction of the Ditko sketch on the cover, and don't really feel a home made fanzine is a must-have for me, especially since the description doesn't say anything about any articles inside about Dr. Strange or Ditko. Still, the rarity intrigued me as did the history.

If anyone tracks another one down, let me know!