• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Brave and the Bold 1-24 CLUB
2 2

121 posts in this topic

On 8/8/2021 at 11:22 PM, comick1 said:

Congrats on completing the set, JLA Brad. I've been working on my own high-grade set for more than 30 years and still am about 5 issues shy. No, I don't have a nice #2. They are ALL difficult in grade, but that #2 is in a stratosphere of its own. Love this entire run more than life itself. The Kubert and Heath stories alone are worth it for the price of admission!

Yes, I think I just happened to luck out on finding a #2 in 7.0.  While there are (comparatively speaking) quite a few CGC certified copies of this issue (43), only 5 exist at that level or higher (only 1 at 7.5).  I would imagine there are some collectors (like jimbo) who have nice copies in this run that are raw.  I'd like to think there is a pristine copy of B&B#2 safely tucked away somewhere out there...at the very least, one which would grade out higher than the current census leader.  As we've seen lately, there are still HG raw collections out there!