• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM IM 55

13 posts in this topic

Right now, I was told that tape is a repair not restoration. It will be noted on the Universal label.

It's hard to see the defect that was taped over. My best guess for that defect on the lower spine corner would be the split at the spine or tear from FC to the spine. There is also one tiny missing piece.

I have a feeling that would be 4.0 to 4.5.

Do you guys honestly in your heart of hearts believe that book isn't at least halfway between a coverless copy (0.0) and a dead mint (5.0) one? A little tape can improve the overall structure and appearance when a couple 1" tears are the only major flaw. One could argue the tape actually helps improve the shelf life of the book. Plus it's an obvious repair unless only done on the interior of the cover.

Do you guys honestly in your heart of hearts believe that book isn't at least halfway between a coverless copy (0.0) and a dead mint (5.0) one? A little tape can improve the overall structure and appearance when a couple 1" tears are the only major flaw. One could argue the tape actually helps improve the shelf life of the book. Plus it's an obvious repair unless only done on the interior of the cover.

so you're at 2.5? (shrug)

There is no doubt you have strong grading skills and I respect your opinion. I just feel that in the end, these are still books. Tape is pretty much used on books industry wide. In this case it's there and it's obvious, but with it in place there is little chance those tears ever get any worse and that, my brother, is not a bad thing.