• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Opinions on this Vampirella #1

11 posts in this topic

At first glance I would say 9.2 but looking closer I see what looks like some scuffing on areas on the cover

(under # 1 Sept.) and a (long vertical scuff starting from where it says "a warren magazine" down to her foot on the skull).

That combined with the bindery tears, minor spine tics and the slight color chip on the top edge I say 9.0.

Still a very nice copy!

8.0/8.5 top has water damage??

I hope not! I see a bit of waviness in the photo, but there shouldn't be any gossip.gif(for what I paid for it!) 893whatthe.gif

My guess/hope is that it is just the cover stock . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

8.0/8.5 top has water damage??

I hope not! I see a bit of waviness in the photo, but there shouldn't be any gossip.gif(for what I paid for it!) 893whatthe.gif

My guess/hope is that it is just the cover stock . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I noticed the slight waviness at the top but my guess is that it is not WD.

Could just be slight warping from humidity. No direct water contact, ie. no stains.

At first glance I would say 9.2 but looking closer I see what looks like some scuffing on areas on the cover

(under # 1 Sept.) and a (long vertical scuff starting from where it says "a warren magazine" down to her foot on the skull).

That combined with the bindery tears, minor spine tics and the slight color chip on the top edge I say 9.0.

Still a very nice copy!

In duplicate. Without seeing Jayman's post I was going for a VF/NM 9.0. I have a CGC VF/NM 9.0 Psycho #14 (completely black cover) that has very comparable defects. I would feel secure with that, as long as that is not water damage creating the waviness.

-bounty

Still a very nice copy!

That could be light scuffing on the left, but it almost looks like vl marker or perhaps photo flash relection?

On the right, I see what you're talking about . . . 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I've been looking for a decent copy for about 6 months now -- can't wait to read it! cloud9.gif

Then I am going to submit along with a VF copy of Vampi Annual #2 and perhaps a Spectacular Spider-Man #2 893scratchchin-thumb.gif