• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Walker Stalker Dallas -- March 5-6, 2016

17 posts in this topic

Hey Art

Are these mainly people dressed as zombies and autograph-seekers? Any comic dealers with older stock set up that you know of?

My assumption is no but it still may be a fun trip if I can make it.

We've been wondering the same thing, and the feedback we are getting is that this is more of a costuming show than a true comic show. So I don't think that a typical comic setup would be very effective at these sorts of shows.

I went to the one recently in Atlanta. I got a book signed by 5 cast members and it was kind of pricey. Sucked that there was no CGC presence there but I knew that prior because I called and asked CGC if a facilitator would be there. I saw no vendors (Saturday) that were selling comics. You could get toys, posters, tattoo's but I didn't see anyone selling back issues of TWD or any other books. To get the comic book signed Steven Yeun (Glen) charged $60, Chad Coleman (Tyrese) charged $60, Lawrence Gilyard Jr. (Bob) charged $30, Jose Pablo Cantillo (Martinez) charged $30, and Jeffrey DeMunn (Dale) charge $30. My wife also got a picture signed by Jason Mamoa from Game of Thrones for $30. This was the first convention of any kind that I had been to since 1995 so I don't have a great deal to draw upon price wise but I thought the prices could have been a little lower but I had a great time anyway. All 6 I listed were great to talk with for a few minutes and very accommodating.