• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sony making a Aunt May movie, without spider-man?

55 posts in this topic

Of course this comes from 'Latino Review' so the news is a bit sketchy already, but I wouldn't put it past sony to try this.

Latino Review was the reporting site that revealed a year ahead of time Ben Affleck was being considered for Batman, and being asked to get involved in a Justice League movie. Also, that 'Age of Ultron' was going to include Quicksilver and Scarlett Witch before that was announced.

So what does that mean? Be afraid. Be very afraid.

:facepalm:

Yes, I've always wondered if Aunt May is actually the cosmic-level architect of the Marvel Universe, hiding in the form of a frail, ailing old woman and watching the events she'd set in motion unfold. The perfect disguise. A CGI-heavy punch-up with Galactus is the least we can expect after she's outed in the film, and it's a shame that Marvel Studios has The Celestials - that would've been something.

Yes, I've always wondered if Aunt May is actually the cosmic-level architect of the Marvel Universe, hiding in the form of a frail, ailing old woman and watching the events she'd set in motion unfold. The perfect disguise. A CGI-heavy punch-up with Galactus is the least we can expect after she's outed in the film, and it's a shame that Marvel Studios has The Celestials - that would've been something.

She has been "old" for a very long time. hm

She has been "old" for a very long time. hm

Yup. The more you think about it, the more your suspicions grow.

The next thing you know they will have a television series centered on the c-list agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. where they talk about logistical stuff for 40 minutes and hardly ever show any action, much less address the fact that the entire Marvel universe of heroes is outside the door.

That's much better television viewing than watching super-powered individuals fight super villains/super threats and struggle with handling those powers on a daily basis.

Oh...wait...

-T

interesting comment from a user on the actual latino review article:

"I really think the situation is being misread, to the best of my knowledge Spider-Girl was ALSO named May Parker, and while it would be odd for them to do a movie on a side-verse, it makes more sense that they'd make a Spidey's kid movie before they did a Spidey's aunt movie."

"I really think the situation is being misread, to the best of my knowledge Spider-Girl was ALSO named May Parker, and while it would be odd for them to do a movie on a side-verse, it makes more sense that they'd make a Spidey's kid movie before they did a Spidey's aunt movie."

This makes much more sense. (thumbs u

This makes much more sense. (thumbs u

If it's true that this is about a 15 year old girl, I withdraw my earlier advice to Sony.

:blush:

I have no idea, just something someone posted on the article as a comment. But it wouldnt surprise me if the article writers were way off.

Like when Ragnarok was announced, and the bloggers just google Marvel Raganarok, and started writing articles about the clone from civil war. It took a while for people to realize that was the wrong Ragnarok (that it was the event, not the character).

Hopefully its a case of the same thing, wrong May Parker