• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

What are the most valuable modern age comics?

103 posts in this topic

I thought we weren't counting "error" books? (shrug)

-J.

If you don't count error books, this thread might as well not gone past 1 page. List 10 books starting with WD # 1, 19 Saga 1 fill in 8 more and you are done.

If you don't count error books, you might as well not count variants either. Both are collectible/valuable mostly because of their rarity. I really don't see the difference. The end result from both types, is the question at hand, what is the most expensive modern age books.

I would say the difference is that the variants are worth what they're worth "because" the publisher made them that way.

Error books are anomalies and mistakes that were made by accident on normal issues by the publisher.

The conversation began with books that were printed as part of a normal run, however limited that may or may not have been.

Therefore error books would not qualify under that criteria.

Fact of the matter is there are probably less than 15 books that genuinely belong on the list (not counting error books) most if not all of which have been mentioned in the thread. (thumbs u

-J.