• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Third Appearance Of New X-Men posted by john ivic

6 posts in this topic

Lots Of Registry Points Here

Finally paid for this book which I won in the last Pedigree Comics auction. Cover's okay, never was a fan of Gil Kane. Totalling 1750 points on the registry, it is now my highest valued book as far as points go. And the points/dollar ratio turned out great, as the 1750 is almost four times the amount I paid in dollars. Enjoy.

16094.jpg

See more journals by john ivic

Nice book! X-Mens from that run are silly in terms of the registry points you get for the relatively common nature of the books. On the other hand, a pre-hero Marvel that would be very tough in grade might cost $1,750 and net you one quarter that many registry points. The point system is inherently flawed.

Personally, I find the points to be secondary. Cgc might need to adjust some of these point values. Considering other books with high market value with 90 points? Well, you pushed some buttons and I do love X-MEN RUN.

Points don't matter to me in the end (unless it is SS)

Great book to have BTW

wow that is only 25 cents per point ! so you did very well as far as that goes and nice book too !!

the golden age comics that I have been collecting are sometimes easily $5.00 a registry point for much more elusive books ...go figure

Because the point system is inherently flawed. It measures nothing but the biases of the folks that set it. They apparently think that common Bronze X-Men are 4-5 times better than much scarcer pre-hero Marvels or Golden Age books.

Great book and it's on my radar. As far as points, it would be interesting to know how the system is weighted (e.g. 25% for rarity, 50% for desirability, etc.) then maybe we would understand better what's driving the current scores.