• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Spidey #301 CGC 9.8 Poor [!@#%^&^]

8 posts in this topic

This was brought up from the marketplace so it doesn't expire. So sad that this peson thought that this was the only copy. CGC census wasn't updated when this auction was running frown.gif

I feel sorry for the poor [!@#%^&^] who paid over 7 bills for that Spidey #301 CGC 9.8. frown.gif

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2157252647

301 Census

lol2.gif

Buying any modern book because It's "the highest in the census" is stupid. Same can be said for most Bronze and even some Silver. This guy is just proof that lables are only worth as much as the book that's in them.

The 9.6 is a better buy at this point at with a price tag of $35 smirk.gif I'd buy the 9.6 and wait a few years for a few more 9.8's to come out and go after it then. I'm sure by that time, it still won't have that crazy price tag of $700 tongue.gif

I don't feel sorry for him. He's a freakin' insufficiently_thoughtful_person with no self discipline. How much smarts do you have to have to realize that a 9.8 copy of a brand new book that was heavily hoarded isn't a tough find? Same thing will happen with the first (grrr....) GI Joe #21, and some fool will shell out over 7 bills for it too.

I feel sorry for the poor [!@#%^&^] who paid over 7 bills for that Spidey #301 CGC 9.8.

Why would you feel sorry for a sucka paying that much for a modern book? frown.gif

We all know that there are PLENTY more fish in the sea.

I will have to admit that the Spidey #301 is a tough book. White cover and a pure black back cover which keeps the grade of this book down in most cases. However the price was comedy to say the least. Maybe if 9.6's were going for $350 and a 9.4 $ 125, but this is not the case. A 9.6 copy of this book goes for around $35! The price gap between the two grades is absurd, but hey it's his money right? tongue.gif

About the Joe #21, I do believe that there is a few 9.8 copies out there somewhere. Quarter bin? tongue.gif Although I would think that the #21 wasn't hoarded like these McFarlane Spideys and kept in pristine condition. Just like everyone says on here...."what is so special about Joe #21?" These suckers were read (looked at anyways since it was silent) and was the cool book to have growing up and those who felt this way about it beat up their copy while dealers who had the "what is so special about Joe #21?" attitude stuck these suckers in quarter bins along with the rest of the series further damaging more copies tongue.gif