• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Shanna preview is up...

14 posts in this topic

Milehigh has a full-issue preview here.

I have to say that I must be getting old. While the art is nice, I found the story lacking to the point that I might pick this up in a collected form, but that wouldn't be a sure bet.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Oh please. It was fun. Silly, mindless fun. I'll probably wait for the trade so I can read it all at once, but still, it was a fun book.

I'm not dismissing it completely, just off to a slower start than I'd have liked.

It does harken back to some of those B science fiction movies I'd catch on weekend reruns as a kid.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan

Oh please. It was fun. Silly, mindless fun. I'll probably wait for the trade so I can read it all at once, but still, it was a fun book.

Perhaps, but I have seen those movies quite a few times and the translation was quite obvious. I would not mind reading "mindless fun" as long as it is not a blatant riff.

Ever notice how modern comics look more like movie storyboards? That may be all well and good for setting up a movie but it sucks for making a good comic.

Just look at you will get for $1 ( 10 pgs. -- a/b half the book) -- some guys walk into a lab and bust open a tank with a honey in it. Romita would have done it in 2 pages. Ditko would have done it in 1 pg. Kirby would have done it in 1 pannel.

Ever notice how modern comics look more like movie storyboards? That may be all well and good for setting up a movie but it sucks for making a good comic.

Just look at you will get for $1 ( 10 pgs. -- a/b half the book) -- some guys walk into a lab and bust open a tank with a honey in it. Romita would have done it in 2 pages. Ditko would have done it in 1 pg. Kirby would have done it in 1 pannel.

893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif893applaud-thumb.gif