• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Typical cost of a exhibitor space at local SoCal shows

10 posts in this topic

This is an excellent question and interesting to compare Wizard cons with others.

My experience from Western Canada comparing 1 regular (non-corner, no end cap) booth that comes with 1 2' x 8' table, 2 chairs, 2 dealer's badges:

Calgary (Alberta) Expo in April. Attendance over 85k ppl with level 1 media and comics guests.

10' x 10' booth for $700 Canadian funds. 3.5 day Pop Culture Expo. Extra dealer's badge costs about $80. 3.5 day general admission pass $90 + tax.

Half day Thursday only admission is $20, Sat. only admission is $40. Daytime outdoor convention parking for van about $16/day prepaid discount rate.

Vancouver (British Columbia) Fan Expo also in April. Attendance about 27k ppl with level 2 and 3 leftover media and comic guests.

eight (8)' x 10' booth for about $650 Canadian funds. 2.5 day comicon. Half day Fri. admission $20. Sat. admission $40. Daytime covered convention underground parking for van about $35/day.

RCheli, that was my first thought, but I picked Frank & Son's website to look at, and it said "We'll tell you the price over the phone". Thought that was kind of odd, as if they charge you depending on how the phone conversation goes with you???

Frank and Sons seems more like a flea market set up rather than a straight up comic show.

I'm sure there are smaller, comics focused shows in southern California. I know there is a comics only show in San Diego put on by some of the original comic con organizers.