• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

smudge marks/Scratches inside my CGC Case!!fraud?:(

30 posts in this topic

Hi Everyone I know I'm not on here much but I have a question and I was kinda worried and wanted some answers.So I just recently purchased A CGCed Batman:The Dark Knight Returns #1 (First Print) in a 9.2 On EBay,the Seller Put Case is in "Great Shape"and he had a pretty good record on there(100% with 542 sales) and the pics were not that great but looked legit.

I received the Slab today packaged decently yet the slab had a small crack on the lower left corner and there was smudge marks/Scratches inside the CGC Case :(:mad: ,Needless to say I was upset and messaged the seller immediately and asked him why he said the case was in "great shape"when it has a crack on the lower left corner and smudge marks and scratches inside the slab.

He offered to pay what it would cost to get the book re slabbed and a little extra cash for grievance.I've yet to respond.my question is what does smudge marks/Scratches inside the CGC Case mean could that be a sign of molding inside the slab or is it a fake slab etc.

Please let me know what you guys think.

also I do not have a camera to take a pic of the slab currently.thanks guys.

you dont have a camera phone or a webcam?

Someone posted slabs can take 5 months unless you fast track it
Do you know the turnaround times on books not being re-graded but simply re-holdered or are you just assuming?

Someone posted slabs can take 5 months unless you fast track it
Do you know the turnaround times on books not being re-graded but simply re-holdered or are you just assuming?

I personally believe that U.S. Americans are unable to do so because, uh, some, uh, people out there in our nation don't have maps and, uh, I believe that our education like such as in South Africa and, uh, the Iraq, everywhere like such as, and, I believe that they should, our education over here in the U.S. should help the U.S., uh, or, uh, should help South Africa and should help the Iraq and the Asian countries, so we will be able to build up our future such as for our children.