• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NC Comicon 2014 - Another wild time in the Bull City!

20 posts in this topic

What can I say, better late than never...

Wow I don't think I ever worked so hard at a con - Whew!

Well lets start it off bad news first. I took the day off on Friday for a full con experience and to watch some prime time Thurs. college ball - needless to say - my boys tanked and after losing 2 straight I feel like Dusk the cat!

151085.jpg

:insane:

So friday came and I hit the con as people were finishing setting up. KPR comic's Dave's booth was on fire and I decided to work it like Harley Yee! After a few hours of blood, sweat and tears (tears only because on my bad achin' back). We took a break for dinner at the usual Durham hot spot - Cuban Rev on tobacco campus. Great meal, Great Beer, Great times! Yep Keys Priced Right (you can chip that in granite!)

On Saturday I hit dollar boxes like a mad man and went all around the con looking for the top picks!

I saw a lot of boardees here, one think I must point out was the real con work horse of this show award goes to Real Elijah Snow (Justin). Every time I turned around he was smoking a sweet deal - way to rock it brother!

The place was cosplayer crazy to say the least. I couldn't find too many hot chicks so I took a picture of this dude (which pretty much sums it up)...

151083.jpg

We went out for dinner at the Pitt BBQ house down the street of the con in downtown. Great food but you better not be in a hurry.

Here's Capt Comics (Rick) and the two David's (Shankle/Burns) finishing off a cold one...

151088.jpg

We didn't have a huge crowd for dinner, but it was nice and laid back.

The guest of honor (new folks) for our outing was Brock and his lovely Mrs. from Columbia Comics. It was a great time!

151089.jpg

Sunday ended with me wrapping up some final deals and hanging with the fam and watching the cosplayer show.

151090.jpg

151092.jpg

Zelda here was my fav! Aim for the stars lil buddy!

151091.jpg

Time for the boundy picks...

Here's the top stuff I snagged (the Magnus's were the cherry on the Sundae!)

151084.jpg

My son loves this cartoon so much I was luck enough to find Tom and Jerry's First Appearance to give to him (later of course), but I did find some great Tom and Jerry Golden Keys for him to enjoy now out of the dollar bins - Woot!

151087.jpg

and finally one book for me. Someone told me that this book was a nice holiday classic and I read it tonight next to a nice fire in den. Now I'm ready for the holiday season!

151086.jpg

END!

What can I say, better late than never...

Wow I don't think I ever worked so hard at a con - Whew!

Well lets start it off bad news first. I took the day off on Friday for a full con experience and to watch some prime time Thurs. college ball - needless to say - my boys tanked and after losing 2 straight I feel like Dusk the cat!

151085.jpg

:insane:

So friday came and I hit the con as people were finishing setting up. KPR comic's Dave's booth was on fire and I decided to work it like Harley Yee! After a few hours of blood, sweat and tears (tears only because on my bad achin' back). We took a break for dinner at the usual Durham hot spot - Cuban Rev on tobacco campus. Great meal, Great Beer, Great times! Yep Keys Priced Right (you can chip that in granite!)

On Saturday I hit dollar boxes like a mad man and went all around the con looking for the top picks!

I saw a lot of boardees here, one think I must point out was the real con work horse of this show award goes to Real Elijah Snow (Justin). Every time I turned around he was smoking a sweet deal - way to rock it brother!

The place was cosplayer crazy to say the least. I couldn't find too many hot chicks so I took a picture of this dude (which pretty much sums it up)...

151083.jpg

We went out for dinner at the Pitt BBQ house down the street of the con in downtown. Great food but you better not be in a hurry.

Here's Capt Comics (Rick) and the two David's (Shankle/Burns) finishing off a cold one...

151088.jpg

We didn't have a huge crowd for dinner, but it was nice and laid back.

The guest of honor (new folks) for our outing was Brock and his lovely Mrs. from Columbia Comics. It was a great time!

151089.jpg

Sunday ended with me wrapping up some final deals and hanging with the fam and watching the cosplayer show.

151090.jpg

151092.jpg

Zelda here was my fav! Aim for the stars lil buddy!

151091.jpg

Time for the boundy picks...

Here's the top stuff I snagged (the Magnus's were the cherry on the Sundae!)

151084.jpg

My son loves this cartoon so much I was luck enough to find Tom and Jerry's First Appearance to give to him (later of course), but I did find some great Tom and Jerry Golden Keys for him to enjoy now out of the dollar bins - Woot!

151087.jpg

and finally one book for me. Someone told me that this book was a nice holiday classic and I read it tonight next to a nice fire in den. Now I'm ready for the holiday season!

151086.jpg

END!

GREAT Pickups Wally. Some FANTASTIC Russ Manning and lots of HOT DCs and Marvels

:cloud9:

:applause: gentlemen I am gonna say this as uncreepily (if that is a word haha) as possible but it is awesome seeing this group shot with your board names attached bc prior to joining these boards I saw a video on YouTube I believe of all these dudes after a comic convention and they were having an after party or something and had some sweeeeeet books!! I swear I recognized some of those faces from that video lol(worship) good stuff gents keep makin those videos those were pretty neat (thumbs u you're all famous!!

:applause: gentlemen I am gonna say this as uncreepily (if that is a word haha) as possible but it is awesome seeing this group shot with your board names attached bc prior to joining these boards I saw a video on YouTube I believe of all these dudes after a comic convention and they were having an after party or something and had some sweeeeeet books!! I swear I recognized some of those faces from that video lol(worship) good stuff gents keep makin those videos those were pretty neat (thumbs u you're all famous!!

well, that's my channel and I'm the unseen interviewer. Glad you like 'em.

We took a break this year from the annual video. We were there at Heroes Con, but due to personal reasons we just stuck to photos.

Stay tuned though. I was thinking of doing a personal feed of some of my books to fill up the space of the missing con footage for Heroes '14. Once I find the time that is. I have always wanted to make a walk through about finishing my Spidey Run (AF15–ASM 700)...

Maybe.

(thumbs u

well, that's my channel and I'm the unseen interviewer. Glad you like 'em.

We took a break this year from the annual video. We were there at Heroes Con, but due to personal reasons we just stuck to photos.

Stay tuned though. I was thinking of doing a personal feed of some of my books to fill up the space of the missing con footage for Heroes '14. Once I find the time that is. I have always wanted to make a walk through about finishing my Spidey Run (AF15–ASM 700)...

Maybe.

(thumbs u

that's awesome!! I just found them again and remember why I thought they were so neat again!! you got MAD camera skills my friend and the questions were the best part!! the thrill of the Hunt right!! nice