• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Those 40 Years of Spidey CD-Roms are great but...

11 posts in this topic

...what about the Annuals?

I know it's almost lame of me to ask for more, considering that I got 500 issues of Amazing Spider-Man in .pdf format on 13 CD-Roms for $29.99 at Costco, but missing key Spidey stories like the first Sinister Six from Annual #1 and The Many Worlds of Dr. Strange from Annual #2 make me wish they had put 14 CD-Roms in there. You also miss out on Spidey fighting the Avengers (Annual #3), finally finding out what happened to Peter's parents (Annual #5), Frank Miller's great Punisher story (Annual #15), the first appearance of the female Captain Marvel (Annual #16), and last but certainly not least, Peter's marriage to Mary Jane (Annual #21).

These are key historical books in the Amazing Spider-Man line, and IMHO should have come with the package.

And finally, it's really true, nothing beats holding a comic book in your hands and turning the physical pages, at least for me...

...what about the Annuals?

I know it's almost lame of me to ask for more, considering that I got 500 issues of Amazing Spider-Man in .pdf format on 13 CD-Roms for $29.99 at Costco, but missing key Spidey stories like the first Sinister Six from Annual #1 and The Many Worlds of Dr. Strange from Annual #2 make me wish they had put 14 CD-Roms in there. You also miss out on Spidey fighting the Avengers (Annual #3), finally finding out what happened to Peter's parents (Annual #5), Frank Miller's great Punisher story (Annual #15), the first appearance of the female Captain Marvel (Annual #16), and last but certainly not least, Peter's marriage to Mary Jane (Annual #21).

These are key historical books in the Amazing Spider-Man line, and IMHO should have come with the package.

And finally, it's really true, nothing beats holding a comic book in your hands and turning the physical pages, at least for me...

Come on, just admit it, you only really care about ASM Ann #2. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

good point. I started a thread over the holidays after I bought them and overall found them to be really cool, but "coulda done better if tried harder" like my elementary school teachers used to always say at report card time.

I tried to find your thread aman619 because I remember seeing it, but there were so many PRESSING issues since then that I couldn't find it...

Come on, just admit it, you only really care about ASM Ann #2. 893scratchchin-thumb.gifpoke2.gif

Absolutely untrue! You forgot about Annual #14!

1635_4_014.jpg

27_laughing.gif

But joking aside, the Doc Strange story in Ann #2 is Ditko at his finest. cloud9.gif

Love that comic. I have 2 of them, but your copy is prettier than both of mine.

Thanks. I got it at WonderCon last year. cloud9.gif I can't bring myself to slab it just yet.

Absolutely untrue! You forgot about Annual #14!

1635_4_014.jpg

27_laughing.gif

But joking aside, the Doc Strange story in Ann #2 is Ditko at his finest. cloud9.gif

So good in fact that it was swiped for Marvel Team-Up #21... which I didn't know until several years after the fact.

Thanks,

Fan4Fan