• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Human Torch 8 - only a 4.5 wtf???.. B-1 restored...but how so low

28 posts in this topic

Wow and only a 4.5 to boot. That is ridiculous

I have often found that the grade on a Restored Book is disappointing. Unlike a Qualified, the defects on a Restored book are not ignored but are considered in the grade. A book with a tear seal, has a tear. A book with color touch has color breaking creases, etc. The defects are there but you can't 'see' them so the grade is usually worse than you thought. Sorry.

I have often found that the grade on a Restored Book is disappointing. Unlike a Qualified, the defects on a Restored book are not ignored but are considered in the grade. A book with a tear seal, has a tear. A book with color touch has color breaking creases, etc. The defects are there but you can't 'see' them so the grade is usually worse than you thought. Sorry.

My experience as well. I've had a few PLODs pass through my hands that looked much nicer than the grade. At times it seems the "apparent" in the grade refers not to what it appears to be, but to what it would be without the restoration, particularly if it's only "slight".

I think some people got your hopes up by giving you false encouragement & saying the book might be a 6.5 or 7.0 -- the book never had a chance at either of those grades. Still, I would have guessed 5.5. Have you paid for the graders' notes? Those might tell the rest of the story.