• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Book Twenty Three-Day Twenty Three

2 posts in this topic

Astonishing Tails #11

I had trouble deciding which book to show off and I've been showing off plenty of DC which happens to be the minority of my collection, so I decided to jump back to a Marvel title. A few characters I like that have been around for as long as Marvel are the Sub-Mariner and Ka-Zar. Both characters, when written well are phenomenal. However, when written bad, they are horrendous. And most times I feel they aren't written well.

I started to collect Ka-Zar's series from the eighties. This also included the first appearance of Belesco from Uncanny X-Men #160 and the Magik limited series, of which I still need one more in a 9.8. I found the first silver age appearance of the Savage Land resident and when I found out he was in one of my birthday books I knew I had to make it one of my first.

It is a high grade for sure which could only be better with a press. Some minor defects can be fixed, but even with a professional press I fear it won't go above a 9.4 but, a 9.4 from 72' is nothing to be upset about.

Thanks for Reading

Tnerb

16143.jpg

See more journals by Tnerb

Oh no, 9.4 on books from '72 and earlier is nothing to sneeze at. I like how you've set the goal for these birth month books for yourself at 9.4 or better. It's an achievable goal that will result in mighty fine copies of these books.