• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Where to buy Golden age Timely?

24 posts in this topic

I appreciate the suggestion of common/uncommon 1-10. I know we have all been there when we buy the first book we see and later regret not waiting it out. Think I did that with Tales to Astonish 27 not too long ago... Thanks all and appreciate all the feedback

Just some further thoughts, Cap 1-10 are not rare books. They are actaully some of the most common issues in the run, so I would suggest you find a copy you like and not just buy the first one that shows up at your door. 1 and 3 are uncommon because of the demand. 2 is a bit rarer then the others, but I am sure there are multiple examples of the rest of the books on ebay in various grades.

Good luck with the run its great stuff and I think the biggest challenge will be the 3 and 1.

James G

We're pretty much on the same page. I'm still trying to acquire numbers 1, 3 & 4 of the first ten (in grade).

The origin issue is always going to be tough even though there are quite a few copies in the census. That Red Skull cover on #3 (Schomburg) keeps demand higher than supply; I don't see that changing. #4 crops up more often, but it sports another early Schomburg Cap cover and Alex's covers tend to bring premium prices these days.

That said, TimelyFinds should have a lot of fun hunting down and acquiring a nice set of these books; you're right, great stuff.

If he can avoid stressing out too much about grade it should make his search a lot easier. (thumbs u

I've upgraded and sold many Cap issues... Just this past year and a half I sold on the usual auction sites...a Cap #6 9.0 and a Cap #4 9.2....they sold at reasonable prices..

Sartre, you're da man! :headbang:

Alas, your under copy of #4 came up for auction at the wrong time. :cry: