• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Grendel vs The Shadow

3 posts in this topic

I've either forgotten how to properly use the search function, or nobody else has read this three-issue mini.

It's been far too long since Matt Wagner has written anything Grendel, so I was stoked when I heard that this series was coming out. I've never read any of the current versions of classic pulp heroes, but I'm glad that this series lived up to my expectations.

Anybody else pick this up? Is Grendel still significant? Is $5.99 too much for this particular pairing?

Well said.

I might feel diffeently when I walk into C2E2 next year and see the books in all of the $1/$2 boxes, but since I only buy one or two current titles (and I don't buy trades), I could justify a three-issue mini.

I hope this series does well enough to encourage more frequent appearances of Grendel. As much as I enjoy the 'jam' books, when other artists get a crack at the character, nothing compares to Wagner having the pen (IMO).