• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can someone ID this character for me?

40 posts in this topic

I think that's it, well found!

Not the same hair design (three hairs in front). But same big eyes, face and body design.

Probably a redesign but I bet thats it

It definitely looks closer than anything I found online.

I checked 'Ole Miss dolls' and 'Michigan State dolls' as a search category. Nothing came up even close to what that looks like.

But there was this under 'Ole Miss dolls'.

ddd06.jpg

There are no markings anywhere on this thing. The body itself is a brown foam-type material under a white body-suit (kinda like a baby's onesie). The only plastic pieces are the arms (up to the elbow) the legs (up to the knee) and the head/neck. No tags on the clothes, no copyright info on any plastic piece at all. It's a complete mystery if not for Ares lead. Even searching all through eBay/Google I can't find a character/outfit match at all.

Peace,

Chip

And, those dolls are apparently quite valuable Chip

One with an M shirt should command a premium

http://www.ebay.com/itm/TURMA-DA-MONICA-BRAZIL-PLUSH-multibrink-maurici0-DOLL-14-GANG-LOVEY-BRAZILIAN-/131314634357?pt=Baby_Toys&hash=item1e92f64e75

Sold listings dont show much but current listing seems to indicate there's some type of collectible nature going on

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_sop=3&_nkw=turma+da+monica&_frs=1

Thanks for the links, Kav but I've already done all those searches. There's nothing there that's the same outfit-wise, but the body constructions is similar. The tallest doll shown is 14" and the one I have is 20".

I'll probably just put it up for $499.99 and field offers. Judging by the materials used and the fabric it seems to be from the 1960s or early 1970s.

Peace,

Chip

I'm sorry Kav, I'm not trying to be argumentative. I should have written more in my last post. Nowhere on eBay for sale or sold and nowhere in internet searches I have done, include Google Images, have turned up any dolls that look like this one. I do have a background in collectible toys and have never seen any like this.

The biggest thing in the back of my mind in listing things is listing something that isn't was it is.

(thumbs u

One thing I'm hoping to do is when I list it to have someone message me and give me more info on it. I've done that before and then revised the info/price with the new information. There's just nothing out there on this particular piece.

Peace,

Chip

Possibly it's one of the other characters from the show although I cant find one with that hair style

There are no markings anywhere on this thing. The body itself is a brown foam-type material under a white body-suit (kinda like a baby's onesie). The only plastic pieces are the arms (up to the elbow) the legs (up to the knee) and the head/neck. No tags on the clothes, no copyright info on any plastic piece at all. It's a complete mystery if not for Ares lead. Even searching all through eBay/Google I can't find a character/outfit match at all.

Peace,

Chip

I thank the fine folks at Reddit for the lead