• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this More Fun #13

11 posts in this topic

That's a really cool book! cloud9.gif

I think I would grade it VG/FN. The only reservations I would have would be (always) the possibility of restoration and the possibility that there is moisture damage causing the wavy appearance seen on the back cover. If there is significant moisture damage then probably not better than a G+.

possibility that there is moisture damage causing the wavy appearance seen on the back cover.

Also on the front cover, halfway down the right edge.

5.0-5.5

I can see staining on the back cover right edge and bottom edge. A book that has water damage can sometimes look very nice in scans, but when you actually get to hold the book in your hands it feels like a dried out loofah sponge. If that's the case with this one, grade goes down accordingly.

Nice looking copy - based on the front cover I was tempted to say at least 6.0, but the back cover water spots, including the one on the spine I didn't see right away would bring it into 5.0/5.5 territory IMHO.Might get the GA bump from CGC for being such an early book

VG/VG+ looks like there is some rippling action on the back

That's a great copy with defects that technically lower the grade, but not the eye appeal. The perfect comic to collect and enjoy.

The water damage is obvious on the spine and and on the right edge along with spots and stains as shown on the back which is why I tend to grade it lower than everyone else so far. How is the paper quality right along the spine where it has color loss and light browning. If the inside of the front cover doesn't allow light to shine through anywhere, then "great", it'll last a long time.

I would be a bit concerned with color touch on this type of cover on the reds such as the upper right hand corner.

I'd grade it as a 3.5 (VG-) and if the seller was willing to part with it, I'd pay 'Full Guide and then some". If he graded it higher, then I'd pay a high percentage of guide to reflect the eye appeal and great color.

Buy it, Read it, Collect it. What a great hobby.