• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Fun with galleries

15 posts in this topic

Hey folks - I put these together on a rainy day long ago and just thought I would share. It's what I imagined groups of key comics might look like framed on a wall. It's the closest I will come to actually owning a lot of them.

It's totally just for fun, maybe some you will find it of interest. I would be interested in comments if I got anything wrong or if I missed a character who might fit better.

NB: I chose 'A' Teams based on value, popularity and importance; but tried to balance it across heroes for example I didn't want the villain A team to include only Batman foes as it probably should...

Anyways, enjoy

DC Golden Age Villains 'B' Team (1st appearances):

Captain Nazi, Mad Hatter, Dr. Psycho, Mr. Mxyztplk, Rag Doll

Toyman, Mr. Mind, Per Degaton, Giganta, Vandal Savage

3 or 4 of these are probably C team... would appreciate ideas on who might fit better... Dr. Sivana comes to mind

DCGoldenAgeVillainsBTeam_zps887b23a2.jpg

First cover app. of DC GA Heroes who aren't pictured on the cover of their first appearance:

Wonder Woman, Aquaman, Black Canary, Mr. Terrific & Wildcat, Dr. Fate

Superboy, The Atom, Green Arrow (and Speedy), Dr. Mid-Nite, Hawkgirl

DCGoldenAgeHeroesCoverFirstsA_zps225ef433.jpg

Moving on to Marvel for a change - the first appearances of the Illuminati:

Mr. Fantastic, Iron Man, Illuminati (as group), Black Bolt, Professor X & Beast*

Namor, Medusa**, Captain America, Dr. Strange, Black Panther

* replaced Prof. X

** temporary member

Marvel-TheIlluminati_zps3a4ccfd4.jpg