• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Adam Warlock Keys: What comic book key issues should be included in this set?

10 posts in this topic

Recently, the CGC has modified the Adam Warlock Keys Set by adding a number of titles where Adam Warlock has made an appearance (comic books which are mostly concentrated in the Bronze Age). Personally, I do not agree with these new additions, since the theme of the set is Adam Warlock Keys, meaning only those comic books which have key significance related to Adam Warlock should be included in this set. Which comic books you may ask? Well, although I am no comic book historian, nonetheless, I will offer my opinion about the keys which I feel have historical and canonical significance not only to Adam Warlock but to the greater Marvel Universe at large.

But the first question should be, "What defines a comic book key issue?"

Here is my definition:

Comic Book Key Issue: a Comic Book Key Issue is a comic book which has historical significance and marks a special event in the canon of a Character, a Title, a Publisher, or even a Genre. Such keys include but are not exclusive to: 1st Appearance(s); Origin(s), Death(s); the Return; 1st Costume; New or Altered Costume; Altered Physical Appearance; New or Altered Powers and Abilities; New Secret Identity or Alter-ego; Secret Identity or Alter-ego Revealed; Revelations, the 1st Professional Work of a Writer or Artist; Premiere Issue or 1st Issue of a Title Run, the Last Issue of a Title Run, Anniversary Issue; etc.

So, if I follow my definition, what are the comic books that should be included in the Adam Warlock Keys set? In order to determine this, I decided to research and reread all the comics which the CGC has included in Adam Warlock Keys set and some others that were not in the set (Thor 163 and 164 where the Cocoon makes a cameo appearance). I read not from the original sources, but from various reprints collecting many of Adam Warlock appearances in the Silver and Bronze Ages. I believe these reprints to be faithful to the source material. The books I've consulted are:

Essential Fantastic Four Volume 4

*Reprints Fantastic Four 66 and 67

Marvel Masterworks The Mighty Thor Volume 8:

*Reprints The Mighty Thor 163, 164, 165, and 166

Marvel Masterworks Warlock Volume 1: Reprints:

*Marvel Premiere Volume 1, Numbers 1 and 2

*Warlock Volume 1, Numbers: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 8

*The Incredible Hulk Volume 1, Numbers 176, 177, and 178

Marvel Masterworks Warlock Volume 2: Reprints:

*Strange Tales Volume 1, Numbers: 178, 179, 180, and 181

*Warlock Volume 1, Numbers: 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, and 15

*Marvel Team-Up Volume 1, Number 55

*Avengers Annual Volume 1, Number 7

*Marvel Two-In-One Annual Volume 1, Number 2

And after re-reading these collected editions, I also decided to include my own key comments which I believe merit inclusion and may have been overlooked by CGC graders and comic book historians. These additional key comments, denoted by me as "overlooked key comments", will follow the CGC key comments quoted from the CGC graded labels of the key issues listed. Other "overlooked key comments" will appear for issues which previously had no key comments; these examples can be considered overlooked keys. Please let me know if you agree or disagree, and preferably, with an explanation as to your opinion.

So here it its...

...The following is my list of those comic book keys which I believe should be included in the Adam Warlock Keys set, with a brief explanation of why they are comic book keys issues:

Fantastic Four Volume 1, Number 66

CGC Key Comments:

*2 part Origin of HIM (Warlock).*

*HIM does not appear.

*Should be modified to read, "Origin of HIM (Warlock)": contrary to popular belief, HIM's origin is not discussed in Fantastic Four 67, therefore, technically, it is not a 2 part Origin story.

Overlooked Key Comment:

*1st Appearance of the Cocoon.

Fantastic Four Volume 1, Number 67

CGC Key Comment:

*Origin* and 1st Appearance of HIM (Warlock) in cameo.

*Contrary to popular belief, HIM's origin is not discussed in this issue and should be omitted from the key notes.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*1st Incarnation of Adam Warlock: Officially, it is the first of three (3) Adam Warlock incarnations in the span of a decade. In this initial depiction, HIM is very much an innocent child-like being, pure of heart, with the urge to understand his purpose of creation and to gain knowledge of the universe at large; HIM can be considered neither villain nor hero.

*1st Appearance of HIM (Warlock) in the Silver Age.

Thor Volume 1, Number 165

CGC Key Comments:

*1st Full Appearance of HIM*

*Watcher appearance.

*Last 12 cents issue.

*Not to be confused as HIM's/Adam Warlock's 1st appearance; see Fantastic Four Volume 1, Number 67 for Adam Warlock's 1st appearance.

Overlooked Key Comment:

*1st Appearance of Thor succumb by Warrior Madness aka Berserker's Rage (2-panel Cameo last page).

Thor Volume 1, Number 166

CGC Key Comments:

*2nd Full Appearance of HIM (Warlock).

*Thor vs. HIM.

Overlooked Key Comment:

*1st Full Appearance of Thor succumb by Warrior Madness aka Berserker's Rage.

Marvel Premiere Volume 1, Number 1

CGC Key Comments:

*Origin of Warlock.

*Thor, Hulk and Fantastic Four appearances in Flashback.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*2nd Incarnation of Adam Warlock: HIM is given the name Warlock by the High Evolutionary and becomes a Messiah-like superhero.

*1st Costume Incarnation: a playful homage to Fawcett's Shazam which incorporates Captain Marvel's jagged lightning emblem and red and yellow colors.

*1st Appearance of the Soul Gem (green colored): this is first of the six (6) colored Soul Gems, aka Infinity Gems or Infinity Stones.

*1st Appearance of Counter-Earth.

*1st Issue of Marvel Premiere.

*1st Appearance of Warlock in the Bronze Age.

*Altered Physical Appearance: the first depiction of Adam Warlock without eyes; no explanation given (Note: Adam Warlock is frequently illustrated without eyes; this can be seen over the course of his appearances throughout various titles including his own, and with no explanation offered).

Marvel Premiere Volume 1, Number 2

CGC Key Comment:

*Warlock*

*Not a key note in my opinion; it should be omitted from the key notes.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*Warlock is given the first name Adam by a group of children on Counter-Earth, thus he is now known officially as Adam Warlock.

*1st time Adam Warlock uses the Soul Gem.

*New or Altered Powers and Abilities: Adam Warlock, through use of the Soul Gem, can devolve a sentient being.

*Altered Physical Appearance: Adam Warlock is once again illustrated with eyes (Note: Adam Warlock's eye color is undetermined as the colors of his eyes frequently change over the course of his appearances throughout various titles including his own, and with no explanation offered. The colors of his eyes have been depicted as blue, brown, black, white, red, and yellow. I speculate the variance in eye color may represent subtle changes in his energy levels, moods and emotions, or quite simply, for reasons unknown made by the artist or colorist).

The Power of Warlock Volume 1, Number 1:

CGC Key Comments:

*Origin of Warlock

*Letters from J. M. DeMatteis and Richard Pini.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*Premiere issue or 1st issue of Warlock's solo title.

*Story continuation from Marvel Premiere Volume 1: Numbers 1 and 2.

Strange Tales Volume 1, Number 178

CGC Key Comments:

*1st Appearance of Magus.*

*Warlock begins.

*Clarification is required: Technically, one can argue, this is the first appearance of the Magus (Adam Warlock's future evil self). And although I agree with that statement, however, if you read the story, it is more accurate and definitive to say it is an "Incorporeal Appearance of the Magus". In this issue, the Magus' introduction comes by way of an incorporeal thought projection in the form of a floating, giant, Oz-like, disembodied face, bathed in emerald and golden cosmic energies.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*3rd Incarnation of Adam Warlock: Adam Warlock is depicted as a reluctant hero with misgivings about his cosmic role.

*The Magus Saga begins.

*New or Altered Powers and Abilities: Adam Warlock, through use of the Soul Gem, can raise the dead.

Strange Tales Volume 1, Number 179:

CGC Key Comment:

*1st Appearance of Pip the Troll.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*1st Appearance of the Matriarch.

*1st Time the Soul Gem claims a soul/victim.

*Altered Physical Appearance: the 1st depiction of Adam Warlock with bloodshot eyeballs (symbolic of the spiritual vampire he eventually proclaims to be when he broods over the Soul Gem's soul-stealing nature).

*Controversy: the Comics Code Authority Seal on the upper right corner of the front cover was altered to read: "Cosmic Code Authority".

Strange Tales Volume 1, Number 180:

CGC Key Comment:

*1st Appearance of Gamora.*

*Clarification: It is a Cameo appearance (rendered on 1-page, 5-panels).

Overlooked Key Comments:

*Gamora's name is not published.

*2nd Adam Warlock Costume Incarnation*

*Clarification: Removed: the Shazam-like jagged lightning emblem on his chest; Addition: a gold and crimson cloak/cape (a design alteration to give Warlock a more Wizard-like appearance and probably a homage to Dracula: Warlock's bloodshot eyes and soul-stealing vampire qualities); a golden skull brooch; unspecified design modification to his belt.

*Revelation: the Matriarch informs Adam Warlock the Magus is his future self.

*Revelation: Adam Warlock realizes he cannot live without the Soul Gem since it has stolen his soul/lifeforce.

Strange Tales Volume 1, Number 181:

CGC Key Comment:

*Story continued in Warlock #9.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*1st Full Appearance of Gamora.

*1st Publication of Gamora's name.

*1st Time Gamora is decreed "The Deadliest Woman in the Whole Galaxy!"

*1st Appearance of the Magus in Corporeal Form (a full-page 1-panel Cameo).

Warlock Volume 1, Number 9:

CGC Key Comments:

*Warlock dons a new costume.*

*This is an error and should be omitted from the key comments; the new costume appears in Strange Tales Volume 1, Number 180.

*Story continued from Strange Tales #181

*1st issue since 10/73

Overlooked Key Comments:

*1st Full Appearance of the Magus.

*Origin of the Magus.

*1st Appearance of the In-Betweener (in a 1-panel Cameo).

Warlock Volume 1, Number 10:

CGC Key Comments:

*1st Appearance of the In-Betweener.*

*Clarification: this comment should be modified to read "1st Full Appearance of the In-Betweener".

*Origin of Thanos and Gamora.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*The Death of the Matriarch.

Warlock Volume 1, Number 11:

CGC Key Comments:

*"Death" of Warlock

*Thanos & In-Betweener appearance.

Overlooked Key Comment:

*Death of the Magus.

Warlock Volume 1, Number 15:

CGC Key Comments:

*Thanos appearance.

*Last issue.

*Story continued in Marvel Team-Up #55

Overlooked Key Comments:

*1st Time the Soul Gem speaks confirming its sentience.

*Revelation: The Soul Gem reveals to Adam Warlock, "I am one of the Six", alluding to the existence of five other Soul Gems/Infinity Gems/Infinity Stones.

Avengers Annual Volume 1, Number 7:

CGC Key Comments:

*"Death" of Adam Warlock.

*Thanos and Captain Marvel appearance.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*1st Appearance of the entire set of all six (6) colored Soul Gems/Infinity Gems/Infinity Stones.

* "Death" of Gamora and Pip the Troll.

*Origin of Thanos retold.

Marvel Two-In-One Annual Volume 1, Number 2

CGC Key Comments:

*Spider-Man, Thanos, Avengers, Captain Marvel and Warlock appearances.

*"Thanos Saga" ends.

Overlooked Key Comment:

*The burial of Adam Warlock, Gamora, and Pip the Troll.

And to add more clarity, the comics which have been added by the CGC to the Adam Warlock Keys Set, which I feel should be removed, since, in my humble opinion, do not represent significant keys are:

*Incredible Hulk Volume 1, Number 176

*Incredible Hulk Volume 1, Number 178

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 2

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 3

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 4

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 5

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 6

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 7

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 8

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 12

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 13

*Warlock Volume 1, Number 14

I also believe there is another Adam Warlock key which is missing from this set and merits inclusion: Marvel Team-Up Volume 1, Number 55. In this issue, Adam Warlock teams-up with the Amazing Spider-Man against the Stranger, who possess a Soul Gem of his very own, and means to steal Adam Warlock's.

Marvel Team-Up Volume 1, Number 55:

CGC Key Comments:

*Adam Warlock

*1st appearance of the Gardner (Ord Zyonyz).

*Stranger appearance, Hulk & Woodgod Cameo.

Overlooked Key Comment:

*1st Appearance of the Realty Gem (Yellow; wielded by the Stranger) and the Power Gem (Red; wielded by the Gardner).

So there you have it... the Adam Warlock Keys set, in what I feel is the ideal representation... for now. But, this set, I admit, is far from complete. There are many other comic books I have yet to explore that are represented in the Copper and Modern Ages that are linked to Adam Warlock and his cosmic odyssey. Undoubtedly, they hold keys and probably merit inclusion into this set. Like many sets represented on the CGC registry, this set is expected to grow.

At the present moment, I have the Number 1 Adam Warlock Keys Set. And that makes me happy. But it is, in my opinion, a work in progress far from completion. And since I am a perfectionist, content only with high grades and now pedigrees, those selfish factors will substantially slow the progress of my set, greatly hindered by the fact Adam Warlock has become much more expensive to collect. Which leads me to question, "How long can my set, "Keys to the Kingdom", remain in the top spot? I'm hoping for many years to come. And perhaps, like Adam Warlock seeking refuge and rejuvenation in his Cocoon when needed, only to emerge when the time is right, the forces of Life and Death will somehow bestow such mystical and cosmic powers to my set and see it evolve to its fullest potential! Well, that's a bit too much... but here's hoping.

See more journals by screenwriter3d

Great journal SW3D. I love doing that kind of in depth research on books and story-lines i care about. You definitely have a passion for this character. I like your insights. Some I agree with and some I don't, but in general good stuff. I agree that comments regarding first appearance of soul gems, characters, and story lines are noteworthy. The other stuff about incarnations, use of powers, and "well technically..." not so much. Its all good though man cause its all insightful. Good to hear from you!

Thanks for the feedback; I'm glad you liked the journal. Things like this keep my on my toes when it comes to my favorite characters.

I know that many of the additional key notes and comments are probably not going to matter to most collectors, but might to those really passionate fans of Adam Warlock. And it's those fans I'm hoping will find these details invaluable.

I plan to give a similar treatment for Angela, and would consider it for the Swamp Thing... However that would take a great deal of time... but I'm up for that challenge.

SW3D

Hey there Screenwriter3d and anyone else reading,

I'm Matt. I was the one that requested the additional books to be added to the CGC set for Adam Warlock Keys.

I've been meaning to send you a message since you have spots 1 and 2. First off what great issues you have. I can clearly tell you have a love of the character as I do and based on what you wrote you can articulate it well.

Lets go over what you wrote and what I added and I can explain my thoughts and why.

Quick backstory. I am a 3d artist, animator and instructor. I'm a life long comic books collector with over 10000 issues. Started collecting seriously when I was 12 and have been collecting since then and I am now at 41. In the past 3 years have finally seen the light and started to like CGC grading and getting my high value and sentimental books signed and graded.

Ok Back to Adam Warlock. After not caring about the character for years and the Infinity Gauntlet rebirth from before, I knew who he was but did not collect or focus on him. However in the past few years since focusing on Bronze Age Marvel I have really gotten into the character and find him (no pun really intended) quite unique to the Marvel Universe and one of the most evolved and reworked characters.

I have collected a set of all of his early appearances and subsequent appearances and had a few had the Starlin issues signed a few months back. I'm waiting to get a Roy Thomas show to get the remainder signed. I was talking to a friend about Adam Warlock and that a good portion of his story is carried over into other books due to cancelations and how Marvel worked back in the day. And that there was no competitive set that carried over all of his appearances due to the fact that his series stops and starts, his "origin" evolved over time and appearances in several books and to tell Adam Warlocks early stories you bounce from series to series.

Then I saw the Adam Warlock Keys set and was like this is close to what I was thinking but lacking in what was included in the set. The main point we would disagree on is the interpretation of the word Keys. I get your meaning that it is Key significant stories and events (Birth , Death, Origin, Appearance) and not every issue and appearance. Obviously a more complete one could be made using everything from the 70's up until this past Thanos OGN.

My series could be more accurately described as Adam Warlocks Bronze Age Appearances and the previous set would be Key issues. But I would still have found the set to be missing "key" issues by your definition. In that would have been the Strange Tales issues and the Hulks and Avengers Annual 7 and Team Up Annual 2. But thats a debate we can have later.

I looked at this set as his early appearances, birth, origin and first of many births, death and rebirths. This would be Stan Lee and Jack Kirby's initial appearance and use of the character, Roy Thomas' revival run as writer and editor and then Jim Starlins revival and run of Adam Warlock. These are the essentail issues to who Adam Warlock is and the direction the character has taken since. This would be Adam Warlocks first two cocoonings and his first two life and deaths.

Starting with Fantastic Four 66 and 67. These two issues tell the origin and creation of the character. Issue 66 deals with the secret group of scientists, their plans and the cocoon. In 67 Adam Warlock only shows up as much as a head in one panel. No name of Him or Adam Warlock. In the end Warlock cocoons himself back up not be heard from for years until.

Thor 165 and 166. Adam Warlock re awakens from the cocoon and seeks a mate in Thor's girl at the time Sif. He has a new name now and is only called Him. We finally see a full complete illustration of Him having golden hair and bronzed skin. After a dust up with Thor Adam Warlock once again returns to his cocoon and is tucked away for several more years.

Then comes the Roy Thomas and Mike Friedrich era starting with Marvel Premiere 1 and 2 and leads onto his first 8 issues and completes its storyline in Incredible Hulk 176-178. In this run Roy Thomas rebrands Him to be Adam Warlock. The High Evolutionary creates Counter Earth from a piece of Earth on the exact opposite side of the sun. This world is created for Adam Warlock and is meant to be a pure Eden like planet for him however one of the High Evolutionary's subordinates taints the Counter Earth and spoils the paradise. The Man Beast. Adam Warlock is given a gem and we will one day find that this gem is one of 6 that can be formed into the Infinity Gauntlet. Over the course of the Power of Warlock series Adam Warlock attempts to set things right on Counter Earth, meets the opposite versions of Marvel characters and just when things get good the series gets canceled.

Roy Thomas is then left with an incomplete story only to be able to finish it up when he is editing the Incredible Hulk and in that story the Hulk heads to Counter Earth, meets up with the Man Beast and Adam Warlock. In this storyline Roy Thomas can wrap up what was left over in the Power of Warlock and give Adam Warlock his first of many deaths yet to come.

In Roy Thomas' run Adam Warlock is more of a Christ-like figure and the parallels between him and Jesus Christ are obvious even to the degree his death and rebirth are shown with religious based imagery. I find it kind of amazing how close Marvel skirted the religious nature of Adam Warlock at the time and how much was allowed. I know of other tales years later at Marvel dealing with Ghost Rider where when Christianity came up it was summarily dismissed and removed from the storyline as originally intended.

We don't hear from Adam Warlock for some more years until he is then handled under the words and pictures of Jim Starlin. Starlin takes the Christ like attributes and turns them on it's head with a psychedelic twist. Adam Warlock has a new attitude, wardrobe and a split personality. Starlin introduces us in the 4 issue Strange Tales run to the Magus, Warlocks alter ego and Anti Christ, Pip the Troll, Gamora, and the Church of Universal Truth.

Starlin essentially rebuilds the character and evolves him further than previous incarnations and begins laying the foundation for what will come years down the road in his epic encounters with Thanos. But like the fate of the previous Warlock series this one is canceled as well with several unfinished plot lines. Starlin wraps these up for the most part in Marvel Team up 55, Avengers Annual 7 and Marvel Team Up Annual 2. These stories bring to a head what Starlin had started in Warlock and carried over with his run on Captain Marvel and include the Avengers and the Thing in a epic battle with Thanos. The end result of which is that Adam Warlock dies... again.

We then don't hear anything new out of Warlock until over a decade later when Starlin rebirths him again in the Infinity Gauntlet. I like to consider this the third life of Adam Warlock. This is the longest Warlock lives until he dies as one of the Guardians of the Galaxy a couple years back. Like you said lots of keys in those stories with the Infinity Gauntlet and then the Infinity Watch.

I look at this New Adam Warlock Jim Starlin gave us in the new Thanos graphic novel and how he reached back to all of these stories and then some to give a whole new Adam Warlock that has unknown alternate version of the backstory we find in these tales but still have a connection to this Warlock and the previous incarnations over the years.

I'll agree not every issue is "key" but I do find every issue is significant if you wanted to tell who is Adam Warlock and give a complete accounting of his early Bronze Age adventures. Plus I think this makes the set more robust and fun to collect and complete. You are still safely in the lead for years to come as I can't come close to your Fantastic Four issues but hopefully this re invigorates you to collect some more issues and round out your set as well.

I totally did forget about the Marvel Team Up issue and I have it as well. Good catch.

Thanks and once again I love the books you have in your collection. Quite jealous of a few that you have and was interested to read what you included in your journals and the sets you collect. I gotta initially like a person that has both a high grade FF67 and a San Diego Comic Con Comics 2 (first Hellboy). We obviously will get along.

Plus with Adam Warlock being the big character in the next Guardians of the Galaxy film I look forward to renewed interest in the character and hopefully more competitors in this set.

Thanks,

Matt

Dear Coyote12,

It is a pleasure to make your acquaintance.

I can see from reading your reply that you are equally passionate about Adam Warlock, and I will add, even more so than me.

I'll be honest with you, I never requested this set to be built. It was done so by another... Who?... I do not know. But, even before this particular competitive registry set was established, I was building my own personal set, and I chronicled it in journals throughout 2013. It was by chance that the Adam Warlock Keys set was requested and built and to my delight chanced upon it and entered my few Adam Warlock keys, taking the top two spots.

From day one, my CGC focus has only been keys or comics that have value (and that is a term or definition that is very subjective to each collector, and in reality all comics have some sort of value). I have no intentions of buying complete runs or appearances of Adam Warlock or most other characters I love (except for Angela... but that's another story). Why? I just don't have the money, storage space, and quite frankly... the desire.

Your love for Adam Warlock clearly eclipses mine. And I applaude you and all collectors who pursue completing entire runs and complete appearances. And I don't want to discourage your efforts and what you accomplished.

What I would ideally want are two (2) Adam Warlock sets to exist: the 1st focusing strictly on keys, the 2nd on his complete appearance (Silver and Bronze Ages if you would like).

For now, I will leave things as they are and continue adding to my personal set with the keys I'm looking for. But maybe down the road we can have the CGC build these two distinct sets and make everyone happy.

Keep collecting... and keep in touch.

SW3D

Phenomenal write-up!!!

Very happy I picked up a Marvel Premiere #1 after reading this:

Marvel Premiere Volume 1, Number 1

CGC Key Comments:

*Origin of Warlock.

*Thor, Hulk and Fantastic Four appearances in Flashback.

Overlooked Key Comments:

*2nd Incarnation of Adam Warlock: HIM is given the name Warlock by the High Evolutionary and becomes a Messiah-like superhero.

*1st Costume Incarnation: a playful homage to Fawcett's Shazam which incorporates Captain Marvel's jagged lightning emblem and red and yellow colors.

*1st Appearance of the Soul Gem (green colored): this is first of the six (6) colored Soul Gems, aka Infinity Gems or Infinity Stones.

*1st Appearance of Counter-Earth.

*1st Issue of Marvel Premiere.

*1st Appearance of Warlock in the Bronze Age.

*Altered Physical Appearance: the first depiction of Adam Warlock without eyes; no explanation given (Note: Adam Warlock is frequently illustrated without eyes; this can be seen over the course of his appearances throughout various titles including his own, and with no explanation offered).

Well done sir and thank you!

I'm glad you enjoyed my journal... but you should really be thanking Roy Thomas and the late, great Gil Kane for taking Adam Warlock to the next level. I wonder if each man truly understood the magnitude of impact their ideas would have across the Marvel Universe.

Oh... and congratulations on your purchase of MP #1... It is truly a key worthy of keeping. I recognized its value late in 2012 and bought two copies. I actually contemplated buying several more and honestly wished I had.

The CGC has boosted the points on this comic. My 9.6 recently went from 400 points to 1,000! Clearly there is much buzz around this comic.

All the best,

SW3D

great journal! I love the continued debate on Warlock. Thanos & Warlock are my families top two characters. There are soo many keys around this character. The continued dialogue is only good for the hobby and made us start tracking down more books. We too read all the marvel masterworks books tied to Warlock - great reads! When you read a book it throws CGC label notes out the window as you yourself get a true perspective on what is key and what isn't and when a character truly appeared in a book

Thanks for reading... glad to read another passionate AW's fan's opinion.

We need to form a committee to discuss, analyze, propose, and approve AW's keys... such a consensus could finally put an end to all the confusion.

SW3D

See this is what I like more fans of Adam Warlock coming together. Hopefully the more people know of the set the more people will join in and compete in the set. It's kind of a fringe set to collect but one worth collecting and having in any serious comic collection.

Like Screenwriter3d said the more people that compete in the set and participate then we can get a consensus to what this set should be.

I kind of wonder who created the set if there is only 4 people in it and Screenwriter3d is 2 of them and I'm the other. The fourth has no books so its kind of odd.

Maybe this set was devised by a group of secret scientists and gestated in a cocoon only to emerge as a glorious CGC set.