• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Error!! posted by bagofleas

25 posts in this topic

Actually, I was at a small local con about a year ago and a couple guys were talking about this.

I listened to them, cause comic trivia stuff is always interesting to me. There are actually 3 versions.

Blue hand + black & white ads

White hand + color ads

White hand + black & white ads (hard to find issue) The one you have. (thumbs u

You can really see the difference by looking at her hand. But the blue is also on her costume as well (look at her left leg to see it).

If you have black & white ads, but Dazzler's hand is "blue" or you see the blue on her left leg, it's not the error edition. Those are common as dirt. Sorry to bust anyone's bubble.

Togethermarked_zps4950f657.jpg

If you have black & white ads, but Dazzler's hand is "blue" or you see the blue on her left leg, it's not the error edition. Those are common as dirt. Sorry to bust anyone's bubble.

Togethermarked_zps4950f657.jpg

I don't think those are as common as you think. I went through at least 50-60 copies of Dazzler 1 from multiple sources this weekend and all of them were the color ads. The only black & whites I found were the initial bunch in my back issues bins.

I don't know if CGC makes the error copy distinction based on the hand-burst color. If so, I would think they would have stated it as part of the reason for it being the error copy on the label. But then again, maybe not.

The only thing they mention as relating to it being the error version on the label is the ad pages coloring.

I don't know of there truly ARE four different versions out there, with every combination of hand-burst color and ad page coloring, but if so, then the question I would have for CGC is, does the official "printing error" version of the book only apply to "white hand" colorless ad page? Or does it also apply to the "blue hand" colorless ad page version.

So far, the only graded "printing error" versions I've seen are of the "white hand" variety.