• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

My First Error!! posted by bagofleas

25 posts in this topic

no....really....my first error.

The first one I've ever purchased anyway!!

As many of you already know, I already have a graded set of Dazzler, including a SS 9.8 double signed copy of #1.

But when I saw this super rare printer error copy of the book in graded 9.8, I just couldn't help myself!

I...must...purchase.

I.....must......PURCHASE!!!!!

Haha! It just cried out to me, "you will buy me NOW!!!!"

I'm sure if I could've seen my eyes from outside of myself, I would have seen swirling black and white irises, because I was under its spell.

I have never seen a graded error copy of this book before, let alone to see it in 9.8 condition! I definitely have plans for it, and those plans definitely involve getting signatures on it. But they also involve doing something with the book that I cannot discuss here.

I'm sure some of you can guess what that may be, but I won't talk about it here, to avoid any troubling complications...... like having my journal deleted. lol

Anyway, gAaaAzE oN It'S mAgnIFecENt BeAuuuUuUUuuUtY.............

16178.jpg

See more journals by bagofleas

Oh, and I must give thanks to my big bro, Tnerb for backing off of buying it himself to allow me to purchase this lovely item and give it a chance to become even more than it already is!! Thanks big bro! You are awesome!!!

I've seen manufacturing errors before, like numbered pages pages stapled out of order (usually resulting in a Qualified label) and some printing errors on the cover, like Venom #1 (red or black cover?) but I have not seen a printing error such as this before. Congratulations on having a unique item!

What is the error on this book? The book looks fine to me.

The reor is on the inside, on pages 24 and 25, where the ad pages were not printed in color but in black and white. Weirdly enough, I'm getting response from people that there copies have this same error. So I don't know if this is a condition that only affects certain copies or if it's this way on all copies and it's just now being noticed as a mistake.

Any input that anyone can give on this matter would be appreciated. Here's the pages in question inside my other, raw copy I have of the book. Everyone check your copies and see if these two pages are in color or not.

imagejpg1_zps794df137.jpg

This book was the official 1st marvel direct edition book, and interestingly enough, it featured absolutely no barcode spot at all, even for a graphic or anything like all the books after it.

So I wasn't sure how you were supposed to tell between the newsstand and the direct editions of the book since everything else is exactly the same on them. Maybe this error is the way to tell the difference?

If anyone can find a color print version of these pages, please post a pic of it here so we can see that they DO exist and that maybe this is probably the case in this error.

Ok, I completely forgot that there WERE NO newsstand copies of Dazzler #1. All of the copies were direct edition and only sent to comic stores in order to promote the whole direct edition concept.

But supposedly there is a more common version, with all of the pages in color, and a more uncommon version with these two ads pages in black and white. But so far, I have yet to see someone with a copy that has the pages in color.

Hmmmmm.......

I looked to see if I had another copy... I did and it's also a color copy.

I started a poll in Copper Age to see if we can get some data on which is more common.

Great! Thank you for the pic and for doing the poll!! Supposedly, the color version is more common, which would explain why I've never seen a "printing error" version graded before, while all the other graded copies are apparently the color ones, but it would be nice to have a clearer idea of numbers.

Ok, so I've made some inroads on this.

The printing error version of this book is waaaaaayy scarcer than the regular color version. If you have printing error versions of it, don't sell them with out asking more than you otherwise might.

The scarcity of this version is also reflected in the CGC census.

Printing Error - 11 graded copies, 4 in 9.8

Regular version - 328 graded copies, 148 in 9.8

Wow, that's a huge difference!