• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Name That Cover! Win a No prize!

71 posts in this topic

Saw something like this posted on a baseball card forum.

The game is 'Name That Cover'. The image below was cropped from a comic book cover that can be a silver, bronze or copper age comic. Other than that, the only other hint that I can give you is that you're looking at a hand. With a yellow glove.

Good luck and feel free to put up images of your own and help kill CGCs bandwidth once you get this one!

hand.jpg

Saw something like this posted on a baseball card forum.

The game is 'Name That Cover'. The image below was cropped from a comic book cover that can be a silver, bronze or copper age comic. Other than that, the only other hint that I can give you is that you're looking at a hand. With a yellow glove.

Good luck and feel free to put up images of your own and help kill CGCs bandwidth once you get this one!

hand.jpg

How about we play "20 questions"? We can start by trying to "name that artist"? Or "name that publisher"? I'm going to guess its a Marvel....

lol if anyone can actually guess the comicbook cover based on that one image I'll

be quite amazed. 893scratchchin-thumb.gif

I'm sure someone will get it. Another hint is that the comic in question isn't something really obscure like 'Monsters on the Prowl' #12 or something no one ever bothered to buy like 'Creatures on the Loose' #15. insane.gif

haha, see! you got it!

Your no prize is in the mail!

ok, your turn to kill some CGC bandwidth! thumbsup2.gif

lol ya know how I knew where to look?

I judged by the art of the hand that it must be cyclops because of the blue arm in the picture because based on that art the only x-men at this point other than jean grey who wore yellow gloves still was her and cyclops....but little miss jean wore green and the rest was just detective work.

haha, see! you got it!

Your no prize is in the mail!

ok, your turn to kill some CGC bandwidth! thumbsup2.gif

lol ya know how I knew where to look?

I judged by the art of the hand that it must be cyclops because of the blue shoulder in the picture because based on that art the only x-men at this point other than jean grey who wore yellow gloves still was her and cyclops....but little miss jean wore green and the rest was just detective work.

Yeah, I figured someone would get it. Like I said, the title and cover wasn't all that obscure. Didn't think they'd get it so soon though. blush.gif

Yeah, I figured someone would get it. Like I said, the title and cover wasn't all that obscure. Didn't think they'd get it so soon though. blush.gif

lol I know a Barry Smith Cyclops hand when I see it. yay.gif

I believe he's become a little more adept at drawing hands since then... crazy.gif

Good thread FlamingCarrot! thumbsup2.gif

The first person to post a correct answer in this thread on the two covers used in the following puzzle (title and issue no.) gets their pick of one comic from the $1 or $2 bin books at my store: