• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CGC SS signature witness ?

14 posts in this topic

Hello! I just wanted to see what you guys think of this :

ASM36_CGC_CBCS_800.jpg

When ASM #36 came out, I brought the signature / sketch version via Previews magazine. Later I sent it to CGC and naturally got the green label.

I recently sent it to CBCS to use one of their new services to get the "Vérifie Signature" label.I wanted to have this comic legit or authentified, don't like green label. Too bad I got a lower grade.

My question is the following. Do you think CGC need to adjust and if we still need a witness for our signature and sketch?

After the fact verification is, and always shall be, a terrible idea, and a terrible product. It is the main reason why I have no intention of ever using CBCS.

Not sure I understand what you mean Sean? You mean having CBCS verified the signature and make a label that authentified it is a bad idea?

After the fact verification is, and always shall be, a terrible idea, and a terrible product. It is the main reason why I have no intention of ever using CBCS.

Not sure I understand what you mean Sean? You mean having CBCS verified the signature and make a label that authentified it is a bad idea?

Absolutely. After the fact authentication has DESTROYED the sports memorabilia market. There has been more fraud and graft than could ever be quantified. Opening the floodgates to potential forgeries, or just plain poor authenticators dilutes the market for truly authenticated (i.e. witnessed) signatures. It is purely a means for CBCS to get more subs. I have seen nothing that convinces me that their authenticators have any quantifiable qualifications to authenticate vintage comic creator sigs.

+1

+2

Absolutely. After the fact authentication has DESTROYED the sports memorabilia market. There has been more fraud and graft than could ever be quantified. Opening the floodgates to potential forgeries, or just plain poor authenticators dilutes the market for truly authenticated (i.e. witnessed) signatures. It is purely a means for CBCS to get more subs. I have seen nothing that convinces me that their authenticators have any quantifiable qualifications to authenticate vintage comic creator sigs.

^^