• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Can you search the census for SS by signer?

54 posts in this topic

If anyone has a Frazetta SS or knows of one for sale I am actively looking at this point. It would be more on the lower end that I would be looking to pick up. Thanks for any leads or help.

If anyone has a Frazetta SS or knows of one for sale I am actively looking at this point. It would be more on the lower end that I would be looking to pick up. Thanks for any leads or help.

My understanding from Ken Kelly once Frazetta's family stops fighting over who gets the artwork since no will was left alot of his original artwork may be coming up for sell in the next few years. I know Ken wants a couple pieces himself that Frazetta allowed him to study directly off of to learn.

...... there may not be any lower end SS stuff. I lost my job a while back and had to sell one of my crown jewells and, while it isn't SS, I know where it came from and it's legitimacy is beyond question. I got 1200 for it raw.... and the buyer had agreed if he ever needed to sell, I would get first shot..... and that's exactly what happened. I couldn't believe my good fortune.... and at exactly what I sold it for. I'm in a job now that pays half what I used to make.... so it was literally beans and rice (.... and hot dogs :cloud9: ) for a WHILE..... but I kind of knew that the chance to get it back would never happen again in this dimension. Boba had a SS copy with the auto on the cover.... but it was pricey, and I think gone now. Mine is on the splash.... and I would have no prob getting it in a Signature Verification slab..... but then I wouldn't be able to actually see the sig..... so I've left it be for now. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

scan0004-12.jpg

scan0005-15.jpg

You should be able to find one in that range.... but admittedly, I'm not familiar with the market. GOD BLESS....

-jimb0(a friend of jesus) (thumbs u

I think I'm going to regret not trying for this one. Obviously I have no idea how high the winner was willing to go.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Weird-Science-Fantasy-29-CGC-2-5-signed-by-Frank-Frazetta-SS-/321757929087?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4aea445e7f

I think that considering the amount of Frazetta SS available and the desirability of this cover (which is probably the greatest ever pure artistic cover ever published), this will come to be looked upon as an amazing buy.

I tend to agree with this, but there are several of these in higher grade I know of - at least three yellow and a yellow/purple.

:banana: The yellow purple is also signed by some other guy now..named Feldstein. This is an old pic before Feldstein

WeirdScience-Fantasy29cgcss40Frazetta_zps94c28c02.jpg

Hey!

I just did a re-read of this awesome thread.

As Rockmyamadeus said there were about 120-125 Frazetta CGC SS done total. Chainnball did 1 signing and we did 2.

We ultimately hoarded between 17-20 books.

A good friend of ours on the boards here Makmorn who is also an insane Frazetta Fan helped us acquire some of the finest copies of his covers that we could find.

We are now finally moving on and trying to acquire more key Marvel books.

Our listing prices are high but this is for advertising reasons and we also have best offer available on the lisitngs.

Thanks for looking, this is a great chance to add some one of a kind pristine CGC SS Books to your collection.

-Sean

I wonder why cgc doesn't track signatures. It wouldn't be all that hard once you built a database. I personally think it would be super interesting to see those kinds of things. I wonder if they ever thought about Doing it.