• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's show how big a Heart this board has and help LarryW7 (DoibyDickles)

691 posts in this topic

And I've got this nice lot of pulps, mostly sci-fi. 10 issues for $100 shipped. Includes some nice GGA covers, as well as the Starling Stories issue with "The Lovers, the first published sci-fi story by Phillip Jose Farmer. Books average about G/VG condition.

$100 SOLD shipped, all funds to Larry.

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5930.JPG

He's a neat guy...but there are all neat offers...those heritage catalogs sell for a lot on eBay, the Atom is going to show up on Arrow...the Flash Gordon books look wonderful

The Superman coins are gorgeous...and so everything else listed is spectacular...besides,it's for a great cause!...

Here is a lot of just over 400 comics. All proceeds go to Larry and shipping is on me in the U.S. Canadian and overseas customers, please check with me on shipping before purchasing (thumbs u

Ok, here are the basics of this lot:

1. These are on average F to VF, some better, a few worse. There's probably a handful that are NM or better, but not many at all.

2. If you see low numbers, assume V2, V3, etc. Most of these comics are late 80s and early 90s.

3. I did not cherry pick this lot, there just aren't any hot or key items.

Cost of the whole lot is $150. It's more than I would try to sell it for normally, but I'll use them to try and raise money for Larry.

As an alternative, somebody could pony up the $150 and I could throw any or all in the trash :) Just an idea if anybody wants to take me up on it. While we're on that train, if multiple people want to participate in this "Throw comics away for Larry", I'd be happy with multiple people donating smaller amounts to throw away parts of the 400. :) Or, you could mix and match and buy a few, throw a few away, etc.

Here is the list:

I got a better idea. :takeit: and you give all 400 comics to spider-dan for the kids he wants to donate comics to for Christmas.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8211333#Post8211333

If Dan isn't taking any more comics, then I'm sure someone else ( with the same idea ) is, Columbia Comics perhaps ?

Merry Christmas Everyone !

:golfclap:

Next, a lot of 19 Heritage catalogs. Some thick, some thin, but all filled with incredible high quality scans. I think Heritage asks for like $50 each for these. Get 'em all for $100!

$100 shipped in the US, all funds to Larry. Note: this is a very heavy lot and will definitely be shipped media mail.

IMG_5926.JPG

IMG_5927.JPG

IMG_5928.JPG

:takeit:

Here is a lot of just over 400 comics. All proceeds go to Larry and shipping is on me in the U.S. Canadian and overseas customers, please check with me on shipping before purchasing (thumbs u

Ok, here are the basics of this lot:

1. These are on average F to VF, some better, a few worse. There's probably a handful that are NM or better, but not many at all.

2. If you see low numbers, assume V2, V3, etc. Most of these comics are late 80s and early 90s.

3. I did not cherry pick this lot, there just aren't any hot or key items.

Cost of the whole lot is $150. It's more than I would try to sell it for normally, but I'll use them to try and raise money for Larry.

As an alternative, somebody could pony up the $150 and I could throw any or all in the trash :) Just an idea if anybody wants to take me up on it. While we're on that train, if multiple people want to participate in this "Throw comics away for Larry", I'd be happy with multiple people donating smaller amounts to throw away parts of the 400. :) Or, you could mix and match and buy a few, throw a few away, etc.

Here is the list:

I got a better idea. :takeit: and you give all 400 comics to spider-dan for the kids he wants to donate comics to for Christmas.

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8211333#Post8211333

If Dan isn't taking any more comics, then I'm sure someone else ( with the same idea ) is, Columbia Comics perhaps ?

Merry Christmas Everyone !

Very Generous Sir - Thank You! :applause:

As I stated in our PM's, whatever is left over will find it's way to Children's Hospital of Detroit for Christmas

choice comics 2, 4.5, stain at bottom edge, one dot of c.t. at bottom staple, can see it on the scan, the prominent black spot. $150 shipped, all funds to larry.

choice2.jpg

:takeit:

WINNAH!

The Big All-American Comic Book #1 CGC 3.0 Selling almost at cost; $700 shipped anywhere. All goes to Larry. Very cool book. I've really enjoyed owning it. (thumbs u

bigamericancomicbook_zps2ff4beeb.jpg

:takeit::foryou:

Thank you....I really thought I was going to have to take that great book! and the divorce would have been expensive! so you just performed another double blessing! (worship)

Thanks for all the new (and old) donations.

I'm hoping to get quite a few more today and tonight, because we will probably do a soft close at the end of the night.

We are at

$6850 now, let's keep it going!

Wait. I haven't gotten a good time to go through and see what I can buy. And I might find more to donate. I thought we were shooting for 12k. Can we extend at least a couple more days, Monday I'm back at work and can actually look at the boards. :devil:

Thanks for all the new (and old) donations.

I'm hoping to get quite a few more today and tonight, because we will probably do a soft close at the end of the night.

We are at

$6850 now, let's keep it going!

Wait. I haven't gotten a good time to go through and see what I can buy. And I might find more to donate. I thought we were shooting for 12k. Can we extend at least a couple more days, Monday I'm back at work and can actually look at the boards. :devil:

This is the scoop...I was hoping for $12k, but

I kind of made Larry a promise, that "I" would not extend the sale past tonight.

He's a little overwhelmed and embarrassed by everyone's help and I had to talk him out of stopping after the first few hours...and that was my compromise..

However, no one else would have to stop....and it won't stop me from answering PMs asking for his PP address.