• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Let's show how big a Heart this board has and help LarryW7 (DoibyDickles)

691 posts in this topic

The Big All-American Comic Book #1 CGC 3.0 Selling almost at cost; $700 shipped anywhere. All goes to Larry. Very cool book. I've really enjoyed owning it. (thumbs u

bigamericancomicbook_zps2ff4beeb.jpg

:takeit::foryou:

Waaaahoooo!! :whee:

Thanks for all the new (and old) donations.

I'm hoping to get quite a few more today and tonight, because we will probably do a soft close at the end of the night.

We are at

$6850 now, let's keep it going!

Wait. I haven't gotten a good time to go through and see what I can buy. And I might find more to donate. I thought we were shooting for 12k. Can we extend at least a couple more days, Monday I'm back at work and can actually look at the boards. :devil:

This is the scoop...I was hoping for $12k, but

I kind of made Larry a promise, that "I" would not extend the sale past tonight.

He's a little overwhelmed and embarrassed by everyone's help and I had to talk him out of stopping after the first few hours...and that was my compromise..

However, no one else would have to stop....and it won't stop me from answering PMs asking for his PP address.

Hey Sharon, make sure Larry knows this isn't charity, it is a just bunch of his friends helping him out. (thumbs u

Sharon, I'll send Larry the Roswell walks among us and the Origins of Marvel Comics. Batman card. You guys are awesome!

thanks

Dwayne

Thanks for all the new (and old) donations.

I'm hoping to get quite a few more today and tonight, because we will probably do a soft close at the end of the night.

We are at

$6850 now, let's keep it going!

Wait. I haven't gotten a good time to go through and see what I can buy. And I might find more to donate. I thought we were shooting for 12k. Can we extend at least a couple more days, Monday I'm back at work and can actually look at the boards. :devil:

This is the scoop...I was hoping for $12k, but

I kind of made Larry a promise, that "I" would not extend the sale past tonight.

He's a little overwhelmed and embarrassed by everyone's help and I had to talk him out of stopping after the first few hours...and that was my compromise..

However, no one else would have to stop....and it won't stop me from answering PMs asking for his PP address.

Hey Sharon, make sure Larry knows this isn't charity, it is a just bunch of his friends helping him out. (thumbs u

I will remind him of that, Greg...but I'm certain he'll be looking at the thread soon so he will see that great comment:).

He's one of those wonderful people who likes to give more than receive.

Thanks, Dwayne:)

You got it:)

There are a lot of nice things still available and it's fine to add more:)

I just won't be "promoting" the thread tomorrow.

The Big All-American Comic Book #1 CGC 3.0 Selling almost at cost; $700 shipped anywhere. All goes to Larry. Very cool book. I've really enjoyed owning it. (thumbs u

bigamericancomicbook_zps2ff4beeb.jpg

:takeit::foryou:

Waaaahoooo!! :whee:

Congratulations Ed and Andy! :applause:

Sharon,

I would say no to closing the thread. I spoke to Larry before this started and gave him my thoughts on the thread. Here is the #1 biggest take away. Larry is ALL HEART! He would give any of his friends anything if they were in need. I have personally watched him donate in every charity thread I have seen on these boards, he genuinely wants to help everyone! I can understand that he does not want to feel like a charity case, or whatever term you like. But he could use it, and I am glad the boards stepped up to help a truly deserving human being. Larry raises the standard of being a good person, and I take great pride in being called his friend.

So I agree with Andy, let it go on.

Pat-

P.S. If you read this Larry, I love ya and can't wait until you can go out for a cheese steak again!

Obviously, I want you to tell Larry for me. :grin:

Larry, if you're reading this, many of us enjoy this sort of thing. Please don't ruin our fun. :foryou: ....and get well soon, my friend.

Obviously, I want you to tell Larry for me. :grin:

Larry, if you're reading this, many of us enjoy this sort of thing. Please don't ruin our fun. :foryou: ....and get well soon, my friend.

+1

I don't know you but wish you well!

Sharon,

I would say no to closing the thread. I spoke to Larry before this started and gave him my thoughts on the thread. Here is the #1 biggest take away. Larry is ALL HEART! He would give any of his friends anything if they were in need. I have personally watched him donate in every charity thread I have seen on these boards, he genuinely wants to help everyone! I can understand that he does not want to feel like a charity case, or whatever term you like. But he could use it, and I am glad the boards stepped up to help a truly deserving human being. Larry raises the standard of being a good person, and I take great pride in being called his friend.

So I agree with Andy, let it go on.

Pat-

P.S. If you read this Larry, I love ya and can't wait until you can go out for a cheese steak again!

I left him a message and told him it's Andy's fault;)

It's true, he'll help anyone;

Larry, I don't know you very well either. If we've talked, it's only been once or twice. But certainly I've seen you around and you've had many glowing reports here in this thread.

My prayers and best wishes go out to you and your family and I wish you the speediest of recoveries. I hope and pray this money helps you get through until you're back on your feet.

Merry Christmas my friend and I hope to get to know you when you're back on the boards,

Marc

Blessings to you Larry and a full recovery (thumbs u

:takeit:

And I've got this nice lot of pulps, mostly sci-fi. 10 issues for $100 shipped. Includes some nice GGA covers, as well as the Starling Stories issue with "The Lovers, the first published sci-fi story by Phillip Jose Farmer. Books average about G/VG condition.

$100 shipped, all funds to Larry.

IMG_5929.JPG

IMG_5930.JPG