• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Slab disaster

18 posts in this topic

Hello all. This evening I knocked about seven slabs off a shelf where they were resting while I was organizing...on tile floor :cry: needless to say they busted up nicely. I was actually surprised at the damage. My question is do I just resub them? Is there a special way to facilitate it? They were all high grade file or ped copies.... Is there a chance they get regraded? I do not see any damage to books. I am a . :makepoint:

I'm surprised how easy it is to open these things, so I'm not surprised they got damaged from a fall. CGC had a lesser reslabbing fee at one time so maybe if you send them in with the prior grades they'll have a better chance of getting the same grades, but they are so subjective you never know.

Sorry it happened to you, but it's not hard to do. They aren't as tough as you think.

Hello all. This evening I knocked about seven slabs off a shelf where they were resting while I was organizing...on tile floor :cry: needless to say they busted up nicely. I was actually surprised at the damage. My question is do I just resub them? Is there a special way to facilitate it? They were all high grade file or ped copies.... Is there a chance they get regraded? I do not see any damage to books. I am a . :makepoint:

Ouch, man!

No worries though. It is up to you to either re-sub or re-holder. I'd go with re-holder, as if there isn't any damage to the book, CGC won't regrade and there won't be any further charges. At least, that is how I think it goes... but I am not certain, and as always, I could be wrong, and if so, will both admit it and will apologise.

:)

-slym

Thanks guys. Ok so reholder is what I am thinking. A couple are 9.6 so I am fearful of even a minor downgrade which would hurt the value, but if no damage should be fine hopefully :eek: it was an exercise in self control as my two year old was right there watching me bite my tongue... Saying you ok Da Da? Cute little guy did make it better :)

Not sure it makes you feel any better but I am in the same boat. Recently dropped my ASM # 2 and Journey into Mystery # 124, sure enough, both of them cracked in the lower left hand corner doh!:sick:

Are the posts still in tact? If so reholster. If the posts are shattered/broken then they will (probably) make you do a resub.

Yes, this is what I was told when I called to inquire about a damaged slab. If more than one post is broken, it's a resub. Otherwise, there could be possible tampering. Ouch. I really do feel your pain.