• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hot NM copy of G.I. Joe #21!!

15 posts in this topic

Whoa, seeing that cover reminds me that GI Joe was the first Marvel comic I collected. I bought #1 thru, um, I forget, 20 or 30-something, off the stands. It was my first foray outside of collecting Richie Rich. smile.gif I think I traded my 1 thru 6 issues for a VG copy of X-Men #2 back at the height of the GI Joe craze in the 80s, but I've still got the issues above that, including this 21. My copy is probably only an 8.0 to 9.0, but who knows, I'll check it out. It's in whatever condition it was when it hit the stands at my local 7-11, and when I look back at the stuff I bought, I can see that most often that condition was 8.0 to 9.2.

Do they still make the GI Joe toys? Buying those is what got me into collecting the comic.

Do they still make the GI Joe toys?

Yes. They do re-paints of the original 3 3/4" lines, as well as some weird looking larger versions with less articulation. The toy is a very hot commodity. Just looking at some of the figures brings me a huge wave of nostalgia.

This is one of the key reasons this book will remain "hot" for a long time......nostalgia! I sold my toys not long ago and made over 2 grand. These were the 1980s figures......better start digging out your old toys fellas! grin.gif

I agree. I have to fight the urge to buy all these Joes I had as a kid. It was my favorite toy line and show. I do think GI Joe stuff in general has some apreciation in its future as the 80's kids start coming into money.