• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

2,342 posts in this topic

Pay to Play is a reasonable and thoughtful idea! Love it!

Dan

I thought that's how it was set up in the first place. (shrug)

Thanks oh mighty gift guardian for all that you do. (worship)

I was always amazed we get rolled into the raffle just for participating in the Gift Exchange.

If you want, pull my name out of the raffle. I wasn't able to throw anything in and don't mind letting others have at it with the raffle. This is just fun to watch.

I love the Gift Exchange though and have always enjoyed it.

Pay to Play is a reasonable and thoughtful idea! Love it!

Dan

I thought that's how it was set up in the first place. (shrug)

Thanks oh mighty gift guardian for all that you do. (worship)

I was always amazed we get rolled into the raffle just for participating in the Gift Exchange.

If you want, pull my name out of the raffle. I wasn't able to throw anything in and don't mind letting others have at it with the raffle. This is just fun to watch.

I love the Gift Exchange though and have always enjoyed it.

I vote for you to stay. I have a feeling we will have enough by the time the clock runs down.

Heck, we ended up with (I think) 10 extra prizes last year, so some people got two, as GG decided to run reverse-order in drawing for them!

:)

-slym

Has sckao done up the form to fill out yet? Or is that coming soon?

Coming soon. Not until all the donations are in will the list be made, but if you want a "sneak peek" (so to speak) then here - http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=8244114#Post8244114

;)

-slym

Are we getting a PM,so we can put our picks in the order of our choices?

So what is it about the raffle that takes all night?

As far as I understand it, we get that form and we place all the options in the order we would want them. When your name gets drawn, "somebody" goes through your form to find your highest priority option that has not been taken yet. It then automatically becomes yours.

Anything I'm missing or am I completely wrong on this?

As far as I understand it, we get that form and we place all the options in the order we would want them. When your name gets drawn, "somebody" goes through your form to find your highest priority option that has not been taken yet. It then automatically becomes yours.

Your missing a lot! :insane:

You are missing a few things. First, some people don't pick but their top picks, 5, 10, or 20, which goes with second, each person gets 5 minutes to give and/or confirm their choice. So, we have 120 people, with possibly 5 minutes between each pick, so that's 12 picks per hour (minimum.) The drawing could possibly take 10 hours this time around.

Third, we are all human, and the thread is fun, so there is some goofing around and lots of running commentary.

Anyone comes up with "fourth," please feel free to post up.

;)

-slym

BTW - this year, I am gonna have a cooler with some "refreshing beverages" beside me, and an empty Gatorade bottle so I don't have to get up for bathroom breaks. Sorry, Hokie... hopefully I won't need you to fill in for me this time.

:lol:

-slym