• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Official 2014 CGC Forum Holiday Raffle!!

2,342 posts in this topic

Is there a limit on posts throughout the night or are you allowed to go Kav Slym crazy in the thread :baiting:

Slym was super awesome in this thread last year. I would never lump him in with Kav.

Thank you!

:foryou:

-slym

Get a room :sumo:

So if I rank all of them, and I'm not available when my name comes up, will my top available choice be made for me?

Or do I have to confirm it?

If you aren't available, we don't know, so we give you the full 5 minutes. If you don't chime in, then your top available choice is given. If you don't rank all the choices, the lowest number available is given to you automatically. Not everyone is around the night of the raffle, and that's why it can take so long, as lots of people get the full 5 minutes.

:)

-slym

Is there a limit on posts throughout the night or are you allowed to go Kav Slym crazy in the thread :baiting:

Slym was super awesome in this thread last year. I would never lump him in with Kav.

Thank you!

:foryou:

Get a room :sumo:

Jealousy does not become you.

:lol: ;):D

-slym

So if I rank all of them, and I'm not available when my name comes up, will my top available choice be made for me?

Or do I have to confirm it?

If you aren't available, we don't know, so we give you the full 5 minutes. If you don't chime in, then your top available choice is given. If you don't rank all the choices, the lowest number available is given to you automatically. Not everyone is around the night of the raffle, and that's why it can take so long, as lots of people get the full 5 minutes.

:)

-slym

Just an FYI, Slym is one of things that makes the process fun. We had great commentary last year, not a GIF thread or nonsense, just good talk.

What makes it exciting to piggyback on what Slym said, is watching your top picks get chosen or still be alive even though you have pick 100. It is amazing the different interests on the boards. Yes, a Greggy box is in everyones top 5, but the top-10 of boardies varies tremendously. Oh, and there is nothing worse than to still have your top 5 pick alive, no one has chosen it yet, and it goes to a boardie that didnt fill out his ranking slip automatically. grrrrrr

*slips Hokie his promised $20*

Thanks, man!

;)

Yeah, the process is fun and can be interesting, as well as heartbreaking. I think I filled out half of the form for my picks, and was gonna let it ride afterwards, but I got a pick under #40. This year, I might only pick my top 20, or I might fill out the whole form. One or the other.

:D

-slym

Hey girls and boys,

The list is updated and I'm not waiting on anyone else who has pledged to donate. Unless someone wants to join the raffle, in which they have until noon, the list would be complete.

Sckao will create a form with the raffle donations from 1 - 128, for example. Sckao will post a link to that form, which everyone must fill out. Some people rank their top twenty choices, or fifty choices, or they rank every prize.

When it is your turn to select, after names have been drawn by our new holiday helpers, your remaining choice will be automatically selected. If all of your ranked prizes have already been selected you will automatically be given the lowest numbered remaining prize. If you did not submit a form you will have five minutes to select your choice live. After the five minutes has passed you will automatically be given the lowest number prize available.

Sckao will have particular instructions on filling out the form or making changes once he creates the form and posts the link.

Tis the season and thank you again for all the generous donations!!!!!

GG