• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Please grade this Uncanny X-Men n°100

12 posts in this topic

I'm guessing 9.2

That's a really nice "spare copy". The scan's a little small to detect non color breaking flaws along the spine. The bottom right corner appears to have a small nick and there is a few edge dings that show up on the back below the green sweater man's elbow. As you've stated the ding on the back cover is obvious, but not a major defect in my opinion. I had a JLA #2 that I purchased from an antique store around 1988 in Colorado that was "beautiful VF/NM", until my girlfriend in college dropped an album on it an made an impact dent on the front cover similar, but bigger and deeper than the one on this X-men 100. I ended up selling it as a VF- (everyone involved felt it was a fair deal). In my opinion, the impact on the back is 1/4 grade defect at best. As most comics start out at 9.4 to 9.6 when new and the defect is on the back cover, I'd still give it a 9.2 (NM-). So your guess of VF+/NM is right on in my opinion.

I'm guessing 9.2

That's a really nice "spare copy". The scan's a little small to detect non color breaking flaws along the spine. The bottom right corner appears to have a small nick and there is a few edge dings that show up on the back below the green sweater man's elbow. As you've stated the ding on the back cover is obvious, but not a major defect in my opinion. I had a JLA #2 that I purchased from an antique store around 1988 in Colorado that was "beautiful VF/NM", until my girlfriend in college dropped an album on it an made an impact dent on the front cover similar, but bigger and deeper than the one on this X-men 100. I ended up selling it as a VF- (everyone involved felt it was a fair deal). In my opinion, the impact on the back is 1/4 grade defect at best. As most comics start out at 9.4 to 9.6 when new and the defect is on the back cover, I'd still give it a 9.2 (NM-). So your guess of VF+/NM is right on in my opinion.

there are no flaws along the spine, virtually perfect!!! the spine/colours/eye appeal is a gorgeous one.