• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick's Raggedy Romance is CLOSED! Thanks to all!

272 posts in this topic

All right! There was enough response to my post that I'm going to run a (mostly) romance thread.

Heavy on 40's and 50's Timely/Marvel/Atlas, with interesting bits from other publishers. I'll toss in a SA superhero book every so often for the rest of you.

I'll put up a big scan of the FC, note anything else I spot, and as always, if you'd like a scan of the back cover I'll be happy to do so.

Shipping to USA preferred, but if you want something sent to Canada or overseas PM me and we'll work something out.

:takeit: rules the roost, but PM's, kibitzing, and general tomfoolery are welcome.

$6 Priority flat shipping to the USA, one book or a stack. Canada or overseas to be determined

CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ***MUCH*** PREFERRED,

I just plain out don't like paypal. If you just GOTTA pay with paypal

PM me and we'll work something out.

My Kudos thread:

http://boards.collectors-society.com/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=4287314#Post4287314

I'll get a couple books up tonight to get things started, and follow up with a nice stack tomorrow, and another ten or twenty books Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday. I hope to pack and ship next Thursday, I'm out of town next weekend and anything not shipped by then won't go out until the first of the following week.

First book up shortly.

Actual Romances 2, 1950, Interstate Publishing (Marvel)

Flat, decent gloss, but miscut (back half has overhang on lower edges of the pages) and has some soiling along the spine FC, and there's a tear that may not show in the scan, runs about an inch down the spine, then turns right and runs about an inch into the cover just above the R in Romances.

First copy I've ever seen. $15 takes it.

RfE0v5n.jpg

Girl Comics 1, 1949. Cornell Publishing (Marvel)

Nice and glossy, but some general wear, plus wear along the spine BC.

Asking $50 for this one.

0kGTtSb.jpg

Girl Comics 2, 1950. Cornell Publishing (Marvel)

About the same as the last one, but 3/4 x 1-1/2 corner off lower RH FC, see scan.

Asking $15

Gw8AQIu.jpg

Girl Comics 5, 1950 Cornell Publishing (Marvel/Atlas)

Now THIS issue looks like an Atlas!

Nice display, with a whiff of spine roll, and some foxing upper LH FC.

If you look closely you can see a light water stain there and a smaller one upper RH BC. If it wasn't for the water I'd be asking some real money for it.

$25 takes it.

bCXT7x8.jpg

Girl Comics 6, 1950. Cornell Publishing (Atlas)

Pretty sharp copy, the only thing it suffers from is a bit of light storage wrinkling. IF it doesn't sell here I'll add it to the stack I'm building for Joeypost and send it in for a press.

$35 takes it home, and I don't mind if it doesn't sell.

lAwpKi0.jpg

Okay, that's 5 books up, it's midnight, and I had minor surgery yesterday. (Don't worry, just some Old Guy Stuff, lol )

I have to step out tomorrow morning for an antique show, but I'll post another 15 or 20 during the afternoon and evening.

G'night!

Good Morning!

Here are a couple books to tide you over until I get home this afternoon.

Girl Comics 10, 1951. Cornell Publishing (Atlas)

Your basic G, small pc of tape upper and lower spine, general wear and tear. Light sub crease FC, man not be visible in scan. Small corner off upper LH FC

All that being said, it presents pretty well for the grade,

Asking $15

zRML6KA.jpg

Girl Comics 12, 1952. Cornell Publishing (Atlas)

Al Hartley cover is probably the best thing about this book. There's lots of general wear, and here's the big troublemaker:

There is a long thin strip torn off the lower to center RH edge of the first three pages. It DOES get into the art by 1/4 to 1/2 inch. Slightly affects art and story. Last issue under this title, becomes Girl Confessions with issue 13

Free to first person to buy any other issue of Girl Comics

rac69of.jpg

Girl Confessions 13 (#1) 1952. CDornell Publishing (Atlas)

Pretty solid copy, with a bit of yellowing to the center of the FC, a slight transverse spine roll, worse at lower edge of book than upper, light wear along spine BC, and a couple small, light stains BC.

Stories by Bill Everett and Ogden Whitney.

Pretty solid book.

$30 SOLD!

CCryBqv.jpg

Girl Confessions 27, 1953. Zenith Publishing (Atlas)

Now here's a pretty book, The worst of it is a 1/4" split upper spine, and some minor general wear, and a very light dust shadow along the upper BC.

$20 for this one

7bAW7aT.jpg

Girl Confessions 29, 1953. Zenith Publishing (Atlas)

Pretty enough G+/VG-; or so, but there's a 1" plus horizontal tear upper LH BC, about an inch down from the upper edge.

$15 and it's yours.

M64tAQI.jpg

Okay, that's another five books, that'll have to hold you until I get back from running around.

Thanks for all the interest!

Rick

Back from the antique show, alas, nothing to brag about.

Here are a couple palate cleansers before we dive back into the Raggedy Romance.

Brave and Bold 30, 3rd appearance Justice League of America.

This was my reader copy for a good many years before I got a deal on an upgrade.

Entire spine is taped along the interior, two chips out RH FXC, see scan, some general wear and tear. Back cover is nicer, but has a teeny corner off lower LH, and a neat 3/8 inch tear along lower left edge. Small water stain lower FC, not visible from the outside.

Overstreet G is $172, how about $100? SOLD!

2wHMxHZ.jpg

Justice League of America 8

Flat and clean, with minor general wear, 1/2" split upper spine, 1/4" split lower spine, looks like the corner got folded over on the lower split when I scanned it. Sigh... Small chip out at top of upper staple.

How about straight out G for a lower grade but pretty book?

$40 takes it home. SOLD!

ZU4zZdQ.jpg

Justice League of America 29, part 1 of the second JLA/JSA crossover.

Nice VG, minor wear here and there, nothing extraordinary.

How about $30? SOLD!

A8U2duK.jpg

ORRRRR....

Take all three Justice League books for $150. Bundle is SOLD! Discount to $100

There you go, first bundle of the thread!