• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rick's Raggedy Romance is CLOSED! Thanks to all!

272 posts in this topic

Here's one to hold your attention while I polish up a few more scans.

Wings 90, CLASSIC cover!

WRETCHED copy! The spine is missing chunks, ditto the upper RFC, stains, wrinkly. Disgusting.

But it's only $20. SOLD!

Hr3eLV9.jpg

I'm doing something a bit different tonight.

I'm loading nothing but #1's and first issues! Mixed right across all the publishers, there's all sorts of stuff here I'd never seen before. FUN! LOW GRADE! FUN!

First up:

My Experience 19 (#1) 1949, Fox. Wally Wood art in this one, folks.

Flat enough, with a whiff of spine roll, long dogear lower RH FC. Big ol' pencil autograph FC. The worst of it is a 1-1/2" vertical tear near the spine lower BC.

Asking $40 SOLD!

suJ5dOr.jpg

In Love Magazine 1, 1954, Mainline. SIMON AND KIRBY, full length story!

Flat, clean, nice tight spine and CF, minor general wear. Three small spots BC where something got dropped on the book and bashed not-quite-holes into the cover. Largest is smaller than a pencil eraser tip. That's really the worst of it.

Once again, first time I've seen an issue of this title. (There's a copy of #2 lurking around here somewhere too)

Asking $70 for this one.

hhAYvog.jpg

Love Lessons 1, 1949, Harvey.

The scan tells the story. Cool silver metallic header for the front cover, but there's a big ol' tear upper edge, there's the corner off lower RH, with the first three leaves also missing (smaller) pieces, does not affect art. There is a matching, slightly larger, piece off the back cover too. GRRRR.

"Love Letters 1" in the indicia.

Third issue in a row I've never seen before. I'm really getting an education in romance this week!

How about $10 for an interesting curiousity?

UjwOEB2.jpg

Calling All Girls #1, 1941. Not REALLY a romance book, but c'mon, how often do you see a prewar book for under $50? And a #1 to boot?

Spine is nearly split, hanging in there for a couple inches below the upper staple. Other than that minor general wear.

Come get it for $30 SOLD!

8CsPpoD.jpg

Romantic Marriage 1, 1950. Ziff Davis.

Pretty good spine roll, and the LH BC has some spotty bits where some nine year old read it with sticky fingers. Not bad but it's there. Cary Grant photo back cover advertising "Every Girl Should Be Married", his vcurrent film with Betsy Drake. Kinda cool...

Take it for $35

E5JRflA.jpg

First Love 1, 1949, Harvey

GREAT copy! Well, if you don't mind the mouse chew RH edge....or the light water stain upper RH through entire book....

Well, at least I got to take a look at one.

How about $15 for what is a really pretty book? Other than....y'know...

uXhr2wG.jpg

Love Letters 1, 1949. Quality Comics

Big ol' spine roll is the worst of it. Paging Joeypost!

Bill Ward cover, Gustavson story.

$40 takes it.

DxOuta4.jpg

Love Life 1, 1951. P. L. Publishing

First and only issue. Buy this one and you've collected the entire series!

Pretty nice, but there's a very light stain upper FC, should be visible in the scan. somewhat darker stain lower BC.

Slide me $25 and take that red headed vixen home with YOU!

vllLHqj.jpg

Glamorous Romancs 41 (#1) 1949. Ace

Flat and clean. Well, except for June Smiths' autograph. Small tears at upper staple but cover is still firmly attached. Tiny chip, small tear BC.

Take it home for $25

0I3IFcL.jpg

Here's one to hold your attention while I polish up a few more scans.

Wings 90, CLASSIC cover!

WRETCHED copy! The spine is missing chunks, ditto the upper RFC, stains, wrinkly. Disgusting.

But it's only $20. Anyone want an affordable copy that doesn't display all that badly? (I'll understand if you tell me No thanks)

Hr3eLV9.jpg

:takeit:

Calling All Girls #1, 1941. Not REALLY a romance book, but c'mon, how often do you see a prewar book for under $50? And a #1 to boot?

Spine is nearly split, hanging in there for a couple inches bellows the upper staple. Other than that minor general wear.

Come get it for $30

8CsPpoD.jpg

:takeit:

(Man, tough crowd)

Okay, I'm done for tonight, maybe I'll toss out a Baker book or two tomorrow, just to mix things up.

G'night!

Baker books. Now would be a good time to put them up as I am online and ready.... :insane:

I'm doing something a bit different tonight.

I'm loading nothing but #1's and first issues! Mixed right across all the publishers, there's all sorts of stuff here I'd never seen before. FUN! LOW GRADE! FUN!

First up:

My Experience 19 (#1) 1949, Fox. Wally Wood art in this one, folks.

Flat enough, with a whiff of spine roll, long dogear lower RH FC. Big ol' pencil autograph FC. The worst of it is a 1-1/2" vertical tear near the spine lower BC.

Asking $40 for this one

suJ5dOr.jpg

I'll take it

Hello! Short night tonight, I seem to be relapsing a bit and am going to bed.

SOON.

But as promised, here are three Baker books first.

Pictorial Romances 4 (#1)

Sweet midgrader except for the mouse chew. I SWEAR next time I go to Florida I'm going to punch Mickey in the nose.

If you can tolerate the chew it's yours for $35 SOLD!

Zk9Uk9r.jpg

Authentic Police Cases 37. Killadilla Baker cover.

General wear, big ol' crease FC, some sort of light discoloration lower BC, small tear upper BC.

$25

fvDEcEe.jpg