• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best way to ship 600+ comics?

29 posts in this topic

I THOUGHT I pointed out that you could help prevent damage, while agreeing with you that said protection couldn't do much against a terrible operator.

What I must have said was,

Hurp derp hurp herp derp

You want to build bricks as someone already stated. Stack your books inside a nice oversized bag and tape it shut. Then cut your cardboard to be at least 1 inch larger all around the books. Tape the books down to the cardboard so they wont move in shipment.

Repeat this process as needed and pack around the bricks with plastic grocery bags, peanuts, or whatever other packing materials you have.

Depending on how big your bricks are you can fit 4 or 5 in a box and ship it. Diamond boxes I would only estimate you can get in 2 or 3 bricks.

You want to build bricks as someone already stated. Stack your books inside a nice oversized bag and tape it shut. Then cut your cardboard to be at least 1 inch larger all around the books. Tape the books down to the cardboard so they wont move in shipment.

Repeat this process as needed and pack around the bricks with plastic grocery bags, peanuts, or whatever other packing materials you have.

Depending on how big your bricks are you can fit 4 or 5 in a box and ship it. Diamond boxes I would only estimate you can get in 2 or 3 bricks.

I guess I was doing it correctly for the most part, (I'm usually a nut with shipping), but how many books to people typically stack (25-50- or 100). The idea of front to back with alternating spines is great too).