• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

O/T: IM Screen Names

11 posts in this topic

AIM: ComicBookAddict

I use ICQ but I can't give that account name away because I use it for an Internet game where I roleplay as a woman. The people I know in that game would all be very disappointed and pissed if they found out I have been lying to them. tongue.gif

Scotty, maybe I should add you to my chats with rickdogg and Darth! We will gang up on you until you run away like the coward that you truly are! mad.gif

I dare you to come over. We Canucks may supply you Yanks with terrorists but we are pretty good at keeping them out! Draft dodgers, both and , are a different story! frown.gif

Do you wear your sisters panties when you play?
I used to, but it got old and I realized I got off better wearing my great-great-great grandmother's bloomers. There's something about sex and death I can't quite put my finger on...

Really I started doing that because I wanted to play this game in a cooperative way, and I figured a female character would draw less competition from the other male characters. I play Quake and StarCraft/WarCraft for competition, and I didn't want to play this other game for the same reason. When people started asking me if I was really a woman, I would say "yea" to avoid competition and possible homophobia ("then why are you playing a woman ya damn fruit?!!?"). As friendships grew and people started asking to meet me in real life, it grew into a full-fledged way to explore people's ideas about the relationship between identity and gender. As a former Zen Buddhist, I don't find it hard to be rationally objective and supress the human intellect's need to classify the world and the people in it into categories (man/woman, black/white, tall/short, smart/dumb, fat/skinny, etc), but it's compelling to explore how ingrained into our psychology it becomes.