• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Haven't made a post in a while, but that's because I've been taking a break from the hobby.

So.... is Edge of Spider-Verse #2 any good? I just don't fathom this Spider-Gwen craze as I wonder (a) Why wasn't this idea done before and (2) If this were not Gwen, and without her focus in the Amazing Spider-Man films, would there even be this much buzz?

Just to throw you guys and gals with another variant, here's the link to see Yesteryear Comics version:

A Little More Spider-Gwen...

Another freaking variant? When are we getting to the point of ridiculousness?

I can now understand the frustrations that modern collectors have. :makepoint:

I never understand this argument.

Just don't buy them.

Why is it a big deal? I hear this all the time, but if you are so against it, why even act like they exist?

Why is it a big deal for you to comment on my opinion? Because its a comic book discussion board. We discuss comic books here. Whether I buy or don't buy is my prerogative I get that, but I have the right just as anybody else to offer my opinion as you do to agree or disagree.

Haven't made a post in a while, but that's because I've been taking a break from the hobby.

So.... is Edge of Spider-Verse #2 any good? I just don't fathom this Spider-Gwen craze as I wonder (a) Why wasn't this idea done before and (2) If this were not Gwen, and without her focus in the Amazing Spider-Man films, would there even be this much buzz?

Just to throw you guys and gals with another variant, here's the link to see Yesteryear Comics version:

Just don't buy them.

Why is it a big deal? I hear this all the time, but if you are so against it, why even act like they exist?

Why is it a big deal for you to comment on my opinion? Because its a comic book discussion board. We discuss comic books here. Whether I buy or don't buy is my prerogative I get that, but I have the right just as anybody else to offer my opinion as you do to agree or disagree.

I am just curious on what forms that opinion.

You freaked out, and I would like to know why.

Like you said, it is a comic book discussion board. No reason to get defensive.

Why put a comment if you do not want anyone to respond to it...? (shrug)

Edited by vikingreed

Just don't buy them.

I am just curious on what forms that opinion.

You freaked out, and I would like to know why.

Like you said, it is a comic book discussion board. No reason to get defensive.

Why put a comment if you do not want anyone to respond to it...? (shrug)

+1

So has anyone actually counted how many variants are available for this titles #1 issue so far ?? has to be at least 12... maybe more??

I only purchased the Phantom version i might consider the Hughes that is if it can be obtained for a reasonable price.

I honestly love that deodato 2 variant. Probably my favorite of all the covers. Love the frison too, hoping to get that ss'd at c2e2

:hi: Kap

I must say, you have excellent cover picking skills. :D

Haha thanks Auth, both covers are great and anything Frison I love. She's super underrated, I asked her last year if she was going to do any full time art work besides covers and she said no and my heart broke. Her vampirella covers have been awesome. #slippers (see how I "slipped" that in there to not derail too much)

Edited by kapzilla

So has anyone actually counted how many variants are available for this titles #1 issue so far ?? has to be at least 12... maybe more??

I only purchased the Phantom version i might consider the Hughes that is if it can be obtained for a reasonable price.

I believe 23 was the most recent update, and the Hughes is selling for around $300 on different shop sites, none on eBay that I've seen recently. I don't like it enough to pay $300, but it'll probably be the one to have knowing my luck and then I'll want it when it's a $1000 book...

No link because I'm lazy but bleeding cool has been keeping track, check there

Edited by kapzilla

I believe 23 was the most recent update, and the Hughes is selling for around $300 on different shop sites, none on eBay that I've seen recently. I don't like it enough to pay $300, but it'll probably be the one to have knowing my luck and then I'll want it when it's a $1000 book...

$300 is WAY too much for a modern IMO. i'll be content getting the phantom variant graded and signed.

$300 is WAY too much for a modern IMO. i'll be content getting the phantom variant graded and signed.

I have paid and might pay more than $300 for a modern, but the risk to me is that the book isn't out yet. Hughes + super hot female character + hardest variant to obtain could equal a huge gain for some people, but at $300 to me it's a high risk. If I really really liked the cover maybe, but I don't, I like a lot of the other variants more.

What if Hughes did a usual super sexy/risque cover for it like he has done in the past? His Supergirl and the legion 23 sells for well over $300, and quickly when they're listed.

Edited by kapzilla

I have paid and might pay more than $300 for a modern, but the risk to me is that the book isn't out yet. Hughes + super hot female character + hardest variant to obtain could equal a huge gain for some people, but at $300 to me it's a high risk. If I really really liked the cover maybe, but I don't, I like a lot of the other variants more.

What if Hughes did a usual super sexy/risque cover for it like he has done in the past? His Supergirl and the legion 23 sells for well over $300, and quickly when they're listed.

My LCS claimed they'll be getting a few of the Hughes variants, but it just seems overkill of a price on a book that's modern and not even graded. well if i can obtain one for cheap, i might jump on one.

Cheapest phantom seems to be $40 now.

Im in for the phantom, JSC Midtown and Skottie Young. I never seem to be able to pass on any of the Skottie Young variants for any book.

cheapest phantom $40 bucks now ?? really?? interesting.

Cheapest phantom seems to be $40 now.

Im in for the phantom, JSC Midtown and Skottie Young. I never seem to be able to pass on any of the Skottie Young variants for any book.

cheapest phantom $40 bucks now ?? really?? interesting.

Yeah $39.99 seems to be the cheapest from what I can see. Will be very interesting to see where this one goes once Feb 25th hits.