• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Prices are getting crazy now. I'm always surprised when a poor cover goes for a lot regardless of the amount published. That Land cover to Spider-Gwen's first appearance is pretty bad.

I should have purchased a few of the Phantom #1 variant when it was under $20. I will watch and see how many of those end up back on eBay with CGC graded prices. Midtown still has the J Scott Campbell variant but they raised the normal price by a few dollars.

This reminds me of the Death of Superman. Everyone wanted that comic and didn't want to even open it. Basically it was all hype.

Prices are getting crazy now. I'm always surprised when a poor cover goes for a lot regardless of the amount published. That Land cover to Spider-Gwen's first appearance is pretty bad.

I should have purchased a few of the Phantom #1 variant when it was under $20. I will watch and see how many of those end up back on eBay with CGC graded prices. Midtown still has the J Scott Campbell variant but they raised the normal price by a few dollars.

This reminds me of the Death of Superman. Everyone wanted that comic and didn't want to even open it. Basically it was all hype.

I'm quite sure alot of the phantom and other variants will Definitely end up back on ebay being CGC graded. as to comparing this to the whole Death of Superman, i don't think it's that serious. remember Supes was and still is very well known. the general public doesn't know anything of Spider-gwen. not yet at least. these comics are being bought and will be sold by collectors and other comic dealers.

My friendly neighborhood Phantom shop will have the color ones for $7.99 day of release, limit 2 per customer. Don't go trying to get 2 copies each for 10 people you crammed into your van. The owner doesn't fall for that trick anymore lol

My friendly neighborhood Phantom shop will have the color ones for $7.99 day of release, limit 2 per customer. Don't go trying to get 2 copies each for 10 people you crammed into your van. The owner doesn't fall for that trick anymore lol

how are the phantoms still able to be sold... i swear in the first couple of days presales on ebay had to be close to all of them...

So are ya'll still thinking the 300-swipe is still gonna be "the" variant of this issue?

I think it'll be one of the top sold variant issues. i was at my LCS the other weekend, and the guys working there knew nothing of it, but when they seen it they were wowed. after telling them i already ordered two of them when they first went on sale, they were like damn... they should have ordered a few when the prices were lower.

So are ya'll still thinking the 300-swipe is still gonna be "the" variant of this issue?

2nd behind the 1:100 Hughes variant in terms of monetary value, but an easy #1 in terms of being able to get a copy, popularity, and resale value profit.

My 2c .

2nd behind the 1:100 Hughes variant in terms of monetary value, but an easy #1 in terms of being able to get a copy, popularity, and resale value profit.

My 2c .

I did pick up a couple of Hughes variants but wasn't very wowed by the cover. Phantom really grabbed me though. ;)

I think it'll be one of the top sold variant issues. i was at my LCS the other weekend, and the guys working there knew nothing of it, but when they seen it they were wowed. after telling them i already ordered two of them when they first went on sale, they were like damn... they should have ordered a few when the prices were lower.

Wow really!?

They did get snatched up pretty quickly though! :grin:

how are the phantoms still able to be sold... i swear in the first couple of days presales on ebay had to be close to all of them...

Because not every Phantom retailer has been pre-selling / price gouging hem. There's still a few of them out there who believe in fairness and rewarding their walk-in customers. The shop I go to, the owner said he paid for them upfront when it was solicited, so he's getting 'em