• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Am I the only one who hates the "young baby" covers? I thought they were cool when there were only a couple of them but now every new comic with a lot of variants have one. I love the Midtown Campbell variant but I don't know why Campbell put a "young baby" as part of it. He had a good theme going on in the cover. In fact, I would say I wish the entire bottom left hand corner had all of the baby and little heads gone and replaced with something else.

Keep an eye on Larry's Google+ site. I got mine for the same price I paid for the MTC variants. (thumbs u

Thanks Authority! Any way you can ping me the link to the site? I went through a bunch of pages on this thread and couldn't find it.

Where did you score the yesteryear variant? Impossible for me to find.

A friend of mine will be picking up a few copies from the Yesteryear Comic Book store where the variants are located

Am I the only one who hates the "young baby" covers? I thought they were cool when there were only a couple of them but now every new comic with a lot of variants have one. I love the Midtown Campbell variant but I don't know why Campbell put a "young baby" as part of it. He had a good theme going on in the cover. In fact, I would say I wish the entire bottom left hand corner had all of the baby and little heads gone and replaced with something else.

I've never liked the whole baby cover thing.

Obviously a lot of people do, however. Just isn't for me.

I'm with you on this one. A few once in a while would be fine but its overload. I feel the same on the JSC covers. 2c

Keep an eye on Larry's Google+ site. I got mine for the same price I paid for the MTC variants. (thumbs u

Thanks Authority! Any way you can ping me the link to the site? I went through a bunch of pages on this thread and couldn't find it.

A friend of mine will be picking up a few copies from the Yesteryear Comic Book store where the variants are located

https://plus.google.com/communities/117119445209417380274

https://plus.google.com/communities/117119445209417380274

Thank you kind sir!

Not for me, either. 2c

Here are some of them.

http://www.midtowncomics.com/store/dp.asp?PRID=1405767&utm_source=site&utm_medium=banner&utm_campaign=514&pl=514

The AH! Variant will obviously be the big one but the Phantom variant is the main cover That caught my interest.

Honestly im not all into Star Wars... also if its available at my LCS this week or it was prior i might have just passed them up. i definitely wouldn't spend that money on them thought. especially if they were free.

Once I found out about this: http://graphicpolicy.com/2011/08/01/the-comicmarket-problem/

I decided I would never buy a phantom variant again.

What would an article dated 2011 about that guy larry some of you speak of on here, have anything to do with purchasing a phantom variant? where's the relevance??? ???

I agree.... getting back into this hobby about this time last year, i recall seeing one for each new title that came out. none of them caught my eye what so ever. i honestly think the Novelty of them being produced has worn out.. i assume there's still interest in though because they continue to produce them. I however won't own one unless someone gives it to me for free.

Baby covers are as annoying as the Deadpool not amused covers, or any cover they just slap Deadpool on and call it a variant.

I have 4 baby covers I really like. Deadpool #1, Superior Spider-Man #1, Spider-Man 2099 #1, and ASM #1.

The rest are terrible.