• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Spider-Gwen - Jason Latour and Robbie Rodriguez

2,566 posts in this topic

Once I found out about this: http://graphicpolicy.com/2011/08/01/the-comicmarket-problem/

I decided I would never buy a phantom variant again.

What would an article dated 2011 about that guy larry some of you speak of on here, have anything to do with purchasing a phantom variant? where's the relevance??? ???

Larry of that article is behind the Phantom variant program.

Once I found out about this: http://graphicpolicy.com/2011/08/01/the-comicmarket-problem/

I decided I would never buy a phantom variant again.

What would an article dated 2011 about that guy larry some of you speak of on here, have anything to do with purchasing a phantom variant? where's the relevance??? ???

Larry of that article is behind the Phantom variant program.

i read the whole thing, besides people were critizing him for his jokes and crude humor. i didn't see anything about it on there. why would that article make you NOT buy another phantom variant ?

It's similar to how some don't buy from Chic-fil-a for their owner's stance on gay marriage.

I don't want to financially support anyone with racial views like that.

Honestly I am surprised Marvel or Image do business with somebody like that.

Edited by ZaCrew

It's similar to how some don't buy from Chic-fil-a for their owner's stance on gay marriage.

I don't want to financially support anyone with racial views like that.

Honestly I am surprised Marvel or Image do business with somebody like that.

IMO society has just gotten too politically correct with things... as for changing MAJOR characters sexual orientations,race,religion or creed for the sake of being diverse and trying to appeal to more people i think is completely absurd and blasphemous... there was a topic on the CBR forums about a year ago, and i was a member there for a short time. because i expressed my thoughts against there being a gay Spider-man. they kicked me off the forum..

its getting ridiculous nowadays that you can't express freedom of speech whether its in person or online. i realize there are certain boundaries pertaining to profanity etc but cmon really ?

Is this a comics discussion or is it a political-viewpoints discussion? hm

IMHO, if one can't/won't separate the personal views of a creator from the art that they make, that's more of a problem with that person, not with the artist. I like "Braveheart" and watch it regardless of Mel Gibson's personal views because it's a great movie.

Same with comics. Some artists might be considered jerks, but their art is still great.

Live and let live, and enjoy the art - just don't invite them to your house for dinner if you don't like them. :grin:

2c