• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

State of the Market Going into 2015

145 posts in this topic

For me here in Canada:

Oil Prices down = Canadian Dollar down = Price of Original Art Up = Less Pieces Purchased = A Not-so-happy OA Collector.....

Mike

The Canadian dollar has just weakened to its worst level since 2004 - C$1.3116 to the USD. :eek:

For me here in Canada:

Oil Prices down = Canadian Dollar down = Price of Original Art Up = Less Pieces Purchased = A Not-so-happy OA Collector.....

Mike

The Canadian dollar has just weakened to its worst level since 2004 - C$1.3116 to the USD. :eek:

Yes, and it hurts! To purchase a US dollar now costs $1.35CDN and I was just discussing the impact of this with some art collecting buddies.

We've cancelled plans for Connecticut, NY, and other US shows. Perhaps those funds will be funneled into more online purchases from HA and Clink, perhaps not.

For me here in Canada:

Mike

Yes, and it hurts! To purchase a US dollar now costs $1.35CDN and I was just discussing the impact of this with some art collecting buddies.

We've cancelled plans for Connecticut, NY, and other US shows. Perhaps those funds will be funneled into more online purchases from HA and Clink, perhaps not.

[font:Book Antiqua]On the other hand is a great time to be a seller

for every dollar you sell you have an extra $ 20 cents profit no bad...

[/font]