• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

PGM Planet Comics 17

9 posts in this topic

Hi all, looking for some help grading this copy of Planet Comics 17.

The book is missing a chunk of the cover at the spine left of where the 10 cent price would be. The white area left of the top staple is actually still the cover, the color is off of that area but the paper of the cover is still there and it is firmly attached to the cover at that spot by the staple.

Slightly smaller piece missing just a little under the top staple.

Spine split at the top but very small amount: 1/4 inch otherwise the spine is not split.

small piece out of the cover at the front right

The colors are ok, not bright but also not faded.

It is readable and I can flip through the pages fine. Minor amount of what I would say is brittleness at top corner at spine and bottom right.

I am thinking the book is a 3.0, but I would value some other feedback.

Thanks.

MDS00073_zps9c78126c.jpg

MDS00074_zps4fbf8f6b.jpg

When you say brittle...do you mean the interior pages are cracking? If so I would say 2.5.

It is brittle only in the places described. The top right at the top of the spine and the bottom right corner. The remainder of the book is supple and the book can be easily read and have pages flipped/ turned.

yes this defect could keep the book out of 3.0, is why I am asking. The brittleness is very localized to the areas described though.

I can see it being 2.5. Thanks for the feedback.