• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

The Fox - Dark Circle

12 posts in this topic

Archie has announced solicits for the first issue of the new ongoing Fox series, as part of its more mature Dark Circle line of superhero comics.

The Fox previously had a 5 issue mini series, and the creative team will be returning: Mark Waid and Dean Haspiel.

The Fox is essentially a grown up Peter Parker without the angst. He's a wisecracking photo journalist who dons a superhero costume to fight crooks, but instead of being an angsty teen with a boatload of trouble, he's a happily married, well adjusted adult. He just enjoys fighting crime, instead of feeling compelled to do it.

The Fox #1 is set to hit stands on April 8. There are five covers, including variants from Chris Samnee & Matt Wilson, David Mack, Ulises Farnias & Ryan Hill, and Thomas Pitilli.

Big scan of the normal cover for #1, by Dean Haspiel:

Fox1-65130.jpg

Full solicit:

THE FOX #1

NEW ONGOING SERIES FROM DARK CIRCLE! THE FOX is BACK! Emmy Award winning writer/artist Dean Haspiel (Billy Dogma, HBO's Bored to Death) is once again united with Eisner award-winning writer Mark Waid (Daredevil, Thrillbent) for FOX HUNT: Part One "The Situation": When a billionaire philanthropist prepares Paul Patton Jr's home town for demolition, our hero is sent on assignment to photograph the event. But what strange force lurks in the shadows, and why will it take Paul's alter-ego, THE FOX, to stop it? The answer is the beginning of a deadly FOX HUNT and you won't believe what happens next! Don't miss the debut issue from the critically-acclaimed team that brought you THE FOX: FREAK MAGNET, featuring FOUR all-new variant covers! With art from Dean Haspiel, David Mack, Thomas Pitilli, Ulises Farinas and Chris Samnee!

Plot/Art: Dean Haspiel

-script: Mark Waid

Art: Dean Haspiel, Jose Villarubia, and John Workman

Cover: Dean Haspiel

Variant Cover 1: Chris Samnee and Matt Wilson

Variant Cover 2: David Mack

Variant Cover 3: Ulises Farinas and Ryan Hill

Variant Cover 4: Thomas Pitilli

On Sale Date: 4/8

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S.

The Fox is Archie`s Spider-Man?

Yup. Almost exactly. He's literally a wisecracking, acrobatic photojournalist who fights crime. He's just not emo about it.

Do you know what his first modern appearance was?

The new Fox character is cool!

In fact a lot of the new Archie revivals are!

:cloud9:

Yup. Almost exactly. He's literally a wisecracking, acrobatic photojournalist who fights crime. He's just not emo about it.

It seems to be Blue Ribbon Comics #6, from 1984:

21543-3211-24033-1-blue-ribbon-comics.jpg

I gather this was the first appearance of the current Fox, who is apparently the son of the original Fox.

I haven't read this myself, so I can't say for sure, but that's what the internet tells me.

It seems to be Blue Ribbon Comics #6, from 1984:

21543-3211-24033-1-blue-ribbon-comics.jpg

I gather this was the first appearance of the current Fox, who is apparently the son of the original Fox.

I haven't read this myself, so I can't say for sure, but that's what the internet tells me.

HOLY :censored:!! The Internet talks to you??? :o

Archie has solicited the second issue of The Fox:

THE FOX #2

NEW ONGOING SERIES FROM DARK CIRCLE!

“Fox Hunt, Part 2 – The Other Shoe”: The fox-hunt has begun, and Impact City's most dangerous criminals are out for BLOOD. When Paul Patton Jr. decides to take his son, Shinji, on a trip to the Museum of the Moving Image, he’s hoping to make an effort to finally be a present father and not the superhero freak magnet known as The Fox. But when a violent bank robbery derails their plans, and Paul is unwilling to don his superhero suit and save the day, a new kind of superhero will need to step in and save the day. So why is this new hero The Fox's WORST NIGHTMARE? Emmy award-winning artist Dean Haspiel and Eisner Award-winning writer Mark Waid bring you the next chapter in Dark Circle's most twisted tale yet! Featuring variant cover art from Howard Chaykin and Robert Hack!

Plot: Dean Haspiel

Art: Dean Haspiel, John Workman and Jose Villarubia

-script: Mark Waid

Cover: Dean Haspiel

Father and Son Variant Cover: Howard Chaykin

Dark Circle Movie Throwback Variant Cover: Robert Hack

On Sale Date: 5/6

32-page, full color comic

$3.99 U.S.

Three covers:

Dean Haspiel

Fox-2Dino-ee943.jpg

Howard Chaykin

Fox-2var-c34b8.jpg

Robert Hack

Fox-2var2-b586a.jpg

Are you asking if the previous Fox series from Waid and Haspiel is still in continuity?

I don't know the answer, but I am thinking it likely is, since they are both returning for this this ongoing series.

Pretty much, tnx