• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Best/top comic lists and award winners of 2014

76 posts in this topic

The description of 'Rai' made me want to read it... though I do have mixed feelings about their ability to build a 'best of' list after reading what they said about Multiversity. Why would you add something to a list such as this if you admit you can't understand it?

If you want to read Rai PM me your address. I will ship you a copy of Rai #1 for free. It may even be a variant cover.

BTW I'm a huge Valiant fan, hence why I want as many people as possible to check out what Valiant Entertainment is doing with the reboot.

The description of 'Rai' made me want to read it... though I do have mixed feelings about their ability to build a 'best of' list after reading what they said about Multiversity. Why would you add something to a list such as this if you admit you can't understand it?

If you want to read Rai PM me your address. I will ship you a copy of Rai #1 for free. It may even be a variant cover.

BTW I'm a huge Valiant fan, hence why I want as many people as possible to check out what Valiant Entertainment is doing with the reboot.

Here's a fun read for Valiant fans:

http://www.vulture.com/2014/12/valiant-comics-dinesh-shamdasani.html

10-1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58110

Lots of quality books throughout these lists. Even though I disagree with the placement of CBR's placement of some titles, I respect that they read that many books. Its a lot to digest.

They need to read some more since The Bunker, Clone, Sheltered, Manifest Destiny, Copra, The Humans and Ten Grand didn't make their list but Planet with one issue did, as well as Trees which is complete garbage.

Guess the books I like aren't agenda driven enough for CBR. Good. That's why I like them

10-1

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=58110

Lots of quality books throughout these lists. Even though I disagree with the placement of CBR's placement of some titles, I respect that they read that many books. Its a lot to digest.

They need to read some more since The Bunker, Clone, Sheltered, Manifest Destiny, Copra, The Humans and Ten Grand didn't make their list but Planet with one issue did, as well as Trees which is complete garbage.

Guess the books I like aren't agenda driven enough for CBR. Good. That's why I like them

I was shocked to see person_without_enough_empathy Planet on the list. It was okay to me but just okay. I like the majority of books you listed a lot but Copra had such a small print run, most people probably haven't heard of it. On the other hand, Manifest Destiny in a bonafide hit and The Bunker was on mANY best of 2014 lists. Go figure. (shrug)

Very nice offer, much appreciated! I'd take you up on it, but I have picked up a handful of issues digitally, so I'll be able to check them out there.