• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

A Strange Christmas Carol Deja Vu that Yule enjoy

3 posts in this topic

I discovered Dr. Strange and Ebeneezer Scrooge on the same day, decades ago, when I was eleven years old and received a mail-order package with several beat-up comics, including Strange Tales 115, which I read during the commercials while the family watched the classic version of the Christmas Carol (actually called "Scrooge") with Alistair Sim, on our family's little 19 inch tv.

Some years ago I realized I did not know where that copy of Strange Tales 115 was. I never bought another copy, until a few weeks ago when I ordered one on a whim so I could show the story to my daughter. As it happened, the book arrived on the same day that we happened to be watching Scooge on a big flatscreen TV. And it gave me quite a sense of Yuletime Deja vu to experience Scrooge and Strange in a double-header once more.

I discovered Dr. Strange and Ebeneezer Scrooge on the same day, decades ago, when I was eleven years old and received a mail-order package with several beat-up comics, including Strange Tales 115, which I read during the commercials while the family watched the classic version of the Christmas Carol (actually called "Scrooge") with Alistair Sim, on our family's little 19 inch tv.

Some years ago I realized I did not know where that copy of Strange Tales 115 was. I never bought another copy, until a few weeks ago when I ordered one on a whim so I could show the story to my daughter. As it happened, the book arrived on the same day that we happened to be watching Scooge on a big flatscreen TV. And it gave me quite a sense of Yuletime Deja vu to experience Scrooge and Strange in a double-header once more.

I love when stuff like that happens! :headbang:

I love when stuff like that happens! :headbang:

Similar stories in that both involve a-holes that find redemption