• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SPIDER-MAN Sony-Marvel potential deal OFFICIAL THREAD

351 posts in this topic

so friends respond by calling someone a troll?

nice

I didn't call you a troll. You're the one that has had a big crawling up you for about a week now.

Meanwhile, back to the topic.

yep it's all me. continue.

Glad we got that straight for you, and you came out from under that rock.

Of course Sony is struggling financially. To even say otherwise is missing all the warning signs. Why do you think a top investor pulls out at a point where they could at least leave on a profitable note? Because there is concern it won't get better.

have you seen Disney's Frozen? I'm pretty sure you have

have you seen Disney's Frozen? I'm pretty sure you have

Yes. And you should watch that music video a few times, as you have attempted a few times to make this into a silly squabble over Sony and Amazing Spider-Man movies.

I mean, just look at when Sony's financials are brought up and you had to go quote the stock to make a point.

This is curious. It must be an attempt to pinch Marvel a bit. Everything I've read in this thread for the past 6 months says Sony is struggling financially. It seems like a no brainer that they'd at least allow Marvel a hand in the next film(s).

FTFY

It goes beyond this thread. It's a known issue, which is how Disney was able to get Spider-Man's merchandising rights back.

This is curious. It must be an attempt to pinch Marvel a bit. Everything I've read in this thread for the past 6 months says Sony is struggling financially. It seems like a no brainer that they'd at least allow Marvel a hand in the next film(s).

FTFY

It goes beyond this thread. It's a known issue, which is how Disney was able to get Spider-Man's merchandising rights back.

And having the merchandising makes it INCREDIBLY difficult for Sony to truly profit off the character. That is magnified by the HUGE budget on advertising that Hector mentioned.

I've read in a few places that the company is struggling, Hector. I saw a lot of concern when the new Playstation came out. An article I read even discussed that the gaming system should attempt to separate themselves from the film end of the business.

Just for curiosities sake, what was the last decent Sony picture? I can't really recall one- I'm not good with studios though.

Now with the worldwide box office, movies like 'Skyfall' exceeded $1 billion. So the Bond films, which are shared across two-three studios, are also strong revenue contributors.

Meaning that their highest grossing films of the last six years, minus Skyfall are pretty pathetic.

ASM2 is their clear grossing winner, but that movie was not a financial winner.

That leaves, Grown Ups 2, The Smurfs, 2012, and The Karate Kid... Karate Kid being the only one you could call successful... wow....

By the way, comparing the top ten 2014 movie results in China is quite telling as well.

7kG2IT8.png

It looks like 'The Lego Movie' never even received approval for release across China, and 'Big Hero 6' is still waiting for approval by the State Administration of Press, Publication, Radio, Film and Television (SAPPRFT).

China sures loves its Transformers.

Critics will never 'get' Transformers movies. It's not about a human element, it's not about great cinematic film making or social commentary. Hell, audiences don't even go for the plot. Transformers fans want to see realistic looking robots integrated into a live action world beating the transistors out of each other.

That's why it does not matter if it's Shia or Mark. So long as Optimus Prime has someone to hit the movies will make money.

I'm not a Transformers fan but I enjoyed the first two.

The third one was just terrible.

Have you seen the 4th one? :popcorn:

no - should I?