• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sponsor the Destruction of a Cry For Dawn 1 Counterfeit for Charity

24 posts in this topic

I have 9 raw copies of the Cry for Dawn 1 counterfeit. In my correspondences with Dawn’s creator, Joe Linsner, as well as his public communications, Joe wants these books off the market. I have offered them to Joe directly and he expressed some mild interest in acquiring them but, really, I think he just wants them gone. So, with that in mind, I have decided to destroy these copies and offer for “sale” the chance to sponsor the destruction of one (1) copy for a simple charitable donation.

Three charities that I personally prefer are the following:

Jimmy Fund

ASPCA

Hero Initiative

However, any charity that you prefer to donate to is perfectly fine.

Here’s how it will work: There are 9 spots for each of the 9 counterfeit copies. Each spot will be “sold” for $15. Drop an :takeit: in this thread for however many spots you want and donate the money directly to the charity of your choice. $15 buys one spot but clearly you are encouraged to donate more if you want. When all nine spots are sold I will take the books and shred them, then post the destroyed results. I’m hoping this will be simply an odd way of transferring some money to some worthy causes. I’m not going to require that anyone sends me screenshots of the donations; I trust that if someone grabs a spot that they will follow through.

Spots:

1. Ryan.

2. jop

3. MisterX

4. Designer Toast

5. Designer Toast

6 - 9. Branget :baiting:

IMG_20141022_205115_060_zpse6db9712.jpg

Really? You're going to destroy these books? :screwy:

How about I pay you $30/book not to have them destroyed, you can donate that cash to charity, and then I'll gladly tell Linsner to go *spoon* himself?

I've already made certain commitments to Linsner regarding the books.

As far as your other ideas, I am not stopping you from donating your money to charity nor telling Linsner to *spoon* himself.

:takeit: x2

:gossip: Gun range fodder. Video to follow.

hm

Two words: exploding targets. :sumo:

If you can do this for the last 4 and send me a video I'll take the rest.

That's certainly fine with me.

:takeit: x2

:gossip: Gun range fodder. Video to follow.

hm

Two words: exploding targets. :sumo:

I used a priority box to sight in my 270 at 100 yds. 1st shot was high. I adjusted the scope and

sightingingun001.jpg

Very nice. I'll probably just be using a variety of handguns, unless my sniper buddy wants to light up a book. :idea: